A GAS ALTERNATIVE
Human power means never having to pay at a pump, charge a battery, or create emissions to get where you need to go. On a TerraTrike, the rider becomes their own engine (we do suggest feeding this engine in whatever delicious way keeps the engine happy and running).
This means not having to cringe at the increasing gas prices or spikes in an electric bill. The polar bears, moose, squirrels, eagles, and mountain rams will thank you, guaranteed.
TerraTrikes are perfect for commuting to work, running errands, or touring cross-country. Each model we carry has been developed to fulfill the needs of all types of riders - from entry-level to serious-gearhead.
Did you know:
- 1.67% is the percentage of Americans who commute by bicycle. 15% is the percentage of Japanese who commute by bicycle.
- 40% of all car trips in the U.S. are made within 2 miles of home.
- According to recent edition of "Bicycling", some 54% of Americans live less than 5 miles from their jobs.
- 60% of the pollution created by autos happens in the first few minutes of operation, before pollution control devices can work effectively.
- The U.S. could save 462 million gallons of gas a year by boosting bicycle trips just half a percentage point: from 1% to 1.5% of all trips.
- Approximately 12 bicycles can be parked in the space required for one automobile.
- $24.3 billion is the estimated annual cost of traffic jams to commuters in 29 major U.S. cities.
- There are approximately 139 million automobiles in the United States.
- 100 bicycles can be produced for the same energy and resources it takes to build one medium-sized automobile.
- The cost of a new TerraTrike starts at under $1000. The average cost of a new car is $13,531.98.
- The average number of barrels of oil consumed daily in the United States is 17 million.
- 43% of these barrels of oil are consumed by driving.
- Industrial world cities typically use at least one third of their land for roads and parking lots for vehicles.
The videos featured below are just a few examples of TerraTrike owners participating daily in the pursuit of gas-alternative activities, becoming part of the solution.