I got one!

edited January 2012 in Legacy Products
I'm excited to say that I just picked up a used Tour tonight for a great price. Its got quite a few nice accessories already installed. I'm taking it to my LBS tomorrow to have it checked out by a terra pro. Ill get some pictures in the day light.
Jason

Comments

• Great!

Waiting for the pictures!
  • I haven't taken any daytime pictures yet, although I should have on my ride this weekend. It was absolutely beautiful.

I took my tour to my LBS saturday and had them look it over and give it a quick adjustment as the shifter was slightly out of adjustment. Dave Hoss of Barr Bicycle is awesome and gave me some good info on the model I have. Turns out that it's about 3 1/2 to 4 years old as it doesn't have the TerraTrike Logo stamped into the rear frame. The TerraTrike Logos(and WixWheels Logo on the rear frame) are Bright yellow instead of the darker, more Subtle yellow. The Frame is also a brighter red then the curent model Tour.

I do need to get the longer boom(Dave informed me I should order quickly as the booms are becomming harder to get) so I will be doing that VERY soon. Right now I've got it adjusted so it's not a major issue but I'd like to have a little more adjustment as where it is now, I'm all the way back.

I went for a 19 mile ride Saturday and LOVED it! I Haven't ridden a bike for almost 10 years so I was VERY impressed with myself. I was definately sore but It's all worth it. Last night I hooked up the Burley and took my 3 year old out for a quick 5 miles and he loves the fact that we are at the same level. It's easier to talk with him and i think he really enjoys NOT staring at my butt.

I will get some pictures uploaded today. I couldn't log in all weekend to post any updates. I don't know if the site was having issues or if it was just my phone?

Thank you TerraTrike. Your Products are AWESOME!!

Jason
    Jason
  • Ok, I finally picked up a few nice pictures this evening. This was on Iowas High trestle trail. I was 3 miles into of a 28 mile ride.
    2011-10-11154512.jpg
    2011-10-11154436.jpg
    Jason
  • Looks like you are not using clipless pedals or Powergrips, according to your photo. That's really dangerous on a trike. Leg suck can really be bad.....

https://www.terratrike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=739&

If I forget my sandals with the cleats on them, I don't ride.
  • Right now I've got the stock TT pedals but I'm going to be getting clipless before too long. I've only had it for about 5 days and my budget is very limited. Over the winter I will be doing some upgrading. :)

The shoes that I do have grip the pedals VERY well and I'm making sure not to run my legs to hard. I'm still pretty fresh on the trails. My 29.25 mi ride tonight took 2 hours, 8 minutes at an ave speed of 12.8 mph. I need to get a comp with a cadence counter so I can measure that and increase it. All in due time.....
    Jason
  • HATEnFATE wrote:
    Right now I've got the stock TT pedals but I'm going to be getting clipless before too long. I've only had it for about 5 days and my budget is very limited. Over the winter I will be doing some upgrading. :)

The that I do have grip the pedals VERY well and I'm making sure not to run my legs to hard. I'm still pretty fresh on the trails. My 29.25 mi ride tonight took 2 hours, 8 minutes at an ave speed of 12.8 mph. I need to get a comp with a cadence counter so I can measure that and increase it. All in due time.....

Well be careful, going even 12 miles and hour, if your foot slips off the pedal ( which will happen sooner or later), and gets caught under the beam of the trike, the injury can be crippling, and I am not exaggerating. Broken ankle, broken leg, and surgery could be the result. Nothing to play with...
  • I'm making sure to be very careful because i've read plenty of stories about people's feet falling/slipping off pedals. I'm not going to say it wont happen to me (because that would be ignorant) but I will be careful. Thank you for your input. Trust me, it's not falling on deaf ears. :)

Here's a picture of the trestle bridge at night....

2011-10-11192132.jpg
    Jason
  • HATEnFATE wrote:
    I'm making sure to be very careful because i've read plenty of stories about people's feet falling/slipping off pedals. I'm not going to say it wont happen to me (because that would be ignorant) but I will be careful. Thank you for your input. Trust me, it's not falling on deaf ears. :)

Here's a picture of the trestle bridge at night....

2011-10-11192132.jpg

Very Cool!!!!
  • You may look into getting a set of PowerGrip straps for your pedals. They are about $25 & fit most platform pedals & make them much safer. From what I read, many people prefer them to clipless, but they are certainly not as safe. At least it's a more economical way to be safer.

Cheers,
    kev
  • So, I've been riding more lately and let me tell you, I'm still loving every second.

New Update, I was able to find a used Greenspeed GTR for my wife so she's been albe to get out and enjoy the triking experience with me. So far we haven't rode together much but she REALLY loves her trike.

I've got my tour hooked up to a CyclOps indoor trainer and have been riding inside when I can't get out. Not as much fun but still a joy. I'm REALLY looking forward to this upcomming season to really get into full swing with triking again.

I'm looking forward to meeting more people and maybe getting some small daylong outings planned. hopefully I'll meet more of you on the trails. :-)

Here is the wife's trike. it was born in 1998 and still rides like new. :)
    2011-12-23003358.jpg
    Jason