For the Gear Experts

edited October 2011 in Rambler
I want a slightly higher high and lower low, for starters.

Next year I'm planning to get a NuVinci, and would like to know what kind of setup I'd need to make sure that I had at least an 18" low and a 90 high (sounds reasonable and like something I could handle).

I like Peter's idea of a smaller chainring in front - would that work with a NuVinci?

My Bling 2.0 that I'm planning in the spring (tax return splurge) is BB7 brakes, NuVinci, and smaller chainring and cranks. I would really like to do the 60 miles metric next year to celebrate my 60th birth year, but I want to be better prepared.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I Have My Rambler, SUNNIE!
My Noob Blog - frontfendersngum.com

IGP1323-Th.jpg

Comments

• Vegasrenie wrote:
    I want a slightly higher high and lower low, for starters.

Next year I'm planning to get a NuVinci, and would like to know what kind of setup I'd need to make sure that I had at least an 18" low and a 90 high (sounds reasonable and like something I could handle).

I like Peter's idea of a smaller chainring in front - would that work with a NuVinci?

My Bling 2.0 that I'm planning in the spring (tax return splurge) is BB7 brakes, NuVinci, and smaller chainring and cranks. I would really like to do the 60 miles metric next year to celebrate my 60th birth year, but I want to be better prepared.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The Nuvinci has a multiplier of 3.6, so if your low gear is set around 18" you high can't be any higher than 18 x 3.6 or 64.8". You would have to go to a front derailluer with 2 cranks, to get that range. Good question for the folks at Utah Trikes.