UTT Today

edited November 2011 in Rambler
Well, we're heading over to Utah Trikes today to try out a Rambler in its various incarnation. I got the Rover, but the wife has been patiently wating until our annual snowbird trip to AZ to try out the Rambler and make her decision. While sh's doing that, I'll try a Rover with some different gearing options and would love to try the tandem, but not sure they have one...

Then tomorrow, its Las Vegas and then on home (winter) for us in Chandler...
Arasgrandpa
Rover 8
Olympia, WA (Summer)/Chandler, AZ (Winter)
www.tommymartin.info - Blog

Comments

• I hope you'll share your findings :) I'm on the fence as to which machine I want.
  • Well, that was fun.... Ordered a new Rambler for the wife... She was just going to try one and a couple of other high seat models, but the free color upgrade offered by UTT was just too hard for her to pass up. So in a week or two, we will be in possession of a neon pink Rambler...

The Rambler was the most comfortable of the trikes we tried and had the smallest turning radius. I even liked the new seat and may get a cover like it for my Rover... They are going to do the custom paint job, assembly with the bling she wanted and ship it to us in AZ... should be a week to 10 days...

OK, I own a Rover and have had it for a few months. The wife has ridden that a lot, but wasn't real happy with it. We had trouble getting it set where we could both ride with just a simple seat adjustment. Today, we rode the Rambler and the Catrike Villager and looked at a Spike... The Villager and the Spike both had 27 speeds, Rambler 8. The Rambler had the smallest turning radius, best seating for the wife and was much easier to ride and pedal than my Rover. The Villager was a little too "technical" for her pleasure, plus the front gears got in her way. I loved the Villager, but I have a Rover already. The Rambler was definitely a better ride for the both of us compared to the Rover. My reasons for getting the Rover are still valid, although I believe that for just riding pleasure, the Rambler outshines the Rover.

I got the Rover for the extra weight carrying, plan on doing some off road fishing with it and will be carrying a lot of stuff, plus its the suv of trikes and I plan on using it as such. Also, I am still deciding about the tandem attachment, I think that would be a good asset for me and the wife... but the Rambler is a better handling trike and much more fun to ride, just my option and I could be wrong...
    Arasgrandpa
    Rover 8
    Olympia, WA (Summer)/Chandler, AZ (Winter)
    www.tommymartin.info - Blog