Fender, rack and lights

edited January 2012 in Accessories
I was out looking at my Rambler and noticed a couple things perhaps y'all can help with.
I have a red rear light that mounts on the seat stay and was wishing it wasn't blocked by the rack stays and bag for more visibility. Looking at the rack I thought it would be nice to somehow put a light on that. Anyone done this and how?(I need pictures, please, I'm a visual person).
While contemplating that I noticed my fender is almost touching the tire on the port side (non-chain side) of the rear wheel but not on the starboard side (chain side). I don't see any way to adjust this. Am I missing something? Do I need to bent some part? Thanks for any help.
Fran
Fran
Rosie "Rambling Rose"
TT Rambler

Comments

• You can remove the tail light and put it on the end of the rack. That's how we mount them when a customer has a rack & panniers.

As far as the fender goes...give us a call and talk to a tech. It's an easy adjustment!
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • kellib wrote:
    You can remove the tail light and put it on the end of the rack. That's how we mount them when a customer has a rack & panniers.

As far as the fender goes...give us a call and talk to a tech. It's an easy adjustment!

Sorry, Kelli but I don't get how to put the light on the rack. The diameter of the mount is larger than the frame of the rack. I was thinking some kind of mount with a bolt that goes into the hole on the top of the rack and extends backwards. Could you post a photo to show me what you mean? Ditto with the fender. I don't see anything that I would call adjustable on it. I'll see about calling Tomorrow or Wednesday. It's cold out there right now.
    Fran
    Rosie "Rambling Rose"
    TT Rambler
  • Yes, using a "SuperFlash" as my example, how can I mount that to the rear of the TT stock rack? While it won't help current owners, perhaps adding a mount method to the rack could increase it's value to all your customers?
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/

(copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---
  • We just use shims to make the light "clamp" smaller and just put it around the back part of the rack. I'll try to get someone to take a picture of it soon. Boys are unloading a container this morning so they are busy.
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • kellib wrote:
    We just use shims to make the light "clamp" smaller and just put it around the back part of the rack. I'll try to get someone to take a picture of it soon. Boys are unloading a container this morning so they are busy.

Good pictures are wonderful things for explaining what you're talking about.
    Fran
    Rosie "Rambling Rose"
    TT Rambler
  • kellib wrote:
    We just use shims to make the light "clamp" smaller and just put it around the back part of the rack. I'll try to get someone to take a picture of it soon. Boys are unloading a container this morning so they are busy.

Yes, please? A photo or five would really help as I can't see how I could shim a 'SuperFlash' bracket small enough to not wiggle on the rack. And I'd love to be able to move them further back.

41nlwbFpjdL._AA300_.jpg 417gYxjSynL._AC_AA100_.jpg

I have plenty of the rubber-type shim material, but when I tried myself, the light just flops around...
    ---
    Peter_C
    TerraTrike Rover W/N360 by NuVinci
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/Peter_CC/Peter_C Trike Album/

(copy and paste into your browser) to see ---> My Trike Photos
    ---