After 100 miles occasionally reinflating my rear Rover tube, whose patch I had applied had a very slow leak, I bit the bullet and got a couple linear replacement tubes...one to use, one for the future. I could not handle removing the Rover-8 rear chain, brake cable, and axle nuts as I only have very limited use of my stroke damaged hand.
I just submitted a glowing review over on the product page, which I expect will be released for viewing over there shortly.
Bottom line, it worked just as advertised...no bump is felt when riding with it...replacement was easy to do 1 and a half handed, by using tire irons, a yellow stick, some talcum powder to help lubricate positioning the tube, and a CO2 inflater. The tube is very heavy duty, I do not anticipate having to deal with this again for many many miles. I have kevlar belted Marathon tires...the 1st 8 thorns I pulled out of them caused no damage, the 9th thorn was in the back tire and managed to flatten it. I've read of riders going thousands of miles with no flats with Marathons...I only made it 40. sigh. But I ride along a RR converted bike trail with thousands of adjoining thorn bushes. Here's hoping I go many miles before the odds catch up with me again.
I do not consider this 'temporary', which I wondered about as it was listed for emergency repairs. And there is no need of one for the front Rover wheels, as they can easily have tubes relaced without removing the wheels.