Rambler Arriving Friday!!!

edited July 2012 in Rambler
Hi everyone~
I'm coming back after a bad back injury six years ago where I went from walking 20-25 miles a week to being able to do nothing because of severe back and leg pain and have gained about 75 lbs since. So...I started riding a Schwinn three wheeler in Jan and logged 81 miles for the month after doing nothing for those years before. I was having a blast but it weighed 77 lbs and had only one gear so I was really working!

The really cool thing is that although walking any distance is painful due to nerve compression riding doesn't give me any pain at all!!!

Hoping to find an easier ride I tried out a Rover 8-speed a few weeks ago at Lakeshore Cycle in Jacksonville.
It really was cool but so different. Anyway....I bought a Rambler IGH and it should be here Friday!!!
I am really looking forward to it. I am kind of resistant to change and need to get out on it and really get the hang of it. Is there much of a learning curve or is it pretty much get on it and fly??

My goal is 100 miles in February...can't wait to get moving!

Comments

• Congrats! I have had back surgery too so I also bought a trike. Walking very far kills me. I got a Rover 8 and the first couple of rides have shown me I can ride pain free. Good luck, maybe we will both be able to shed some of these pounds that comes from being sedentary.
    Nelson

Do things right! Do right things!
  • Congrats. Dad's Rambler is due to arrive Friday also. We're tracking the shipment from Utah Trikes via the tracking number and, I have to laugh about this, the wait is harder than the decision to buy. Trike's in Dallas now - 7-8 hours away and should be here tomorrow - when the weather is forecast to be wet, very wet!

Again, congratulations. I'm sure you're looking forward to your new trike as Dad is! :D
    TT Cruiser (me)
    TT Rover (Dad)
    blog: http//cruisingtiger.wordpress.com/
  • How do you like your Rambler now that you've been able to enjoy it?
  • drmweaver2 wrote:
    Congrats. Dad's Rambler is due to arrive Friday also. We're tracking the shipment from Utah Trikes via the tracking number and, I have to laugh about this, the wait is harder than the decision to buy. Trike's in Dallas now - 7-8 hours away and should be here tomorrow - when the weather is forecast to be wet, very wet!

Again, congratulations. I'm sure you're looking forward to your new trike as Dad is! :D

That is great news, it's sort of like kids waiting for Christmas morning again :D If you don't mind, what shop did you get your trike from in Dallas, or did you get it from an individual? I live in Fort Worth so was wodering about the bike shops that carry the TerraTrikes.Joe