Deluxe Fenders for Rambler

edited April 2014 in Rambler
I got the Deluxe fender kit for my Rambler and everything went well until I installed the rear fender. The kit includes a 2" standoff spacer to attache the front part of the rear fender to the main frame. The problem is, the distance is about 4". I made a spacer out of a wooden dowel, it works real well, but I thought the kit should have come with the right spacer. Still looks great!
Snakeyes

Comments

• You can always call and talk to our techs and see if you were missing a piece. Our fenders fit all of our trikes.
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • Thanks, I'll give them a call. I thought some one may have had they same issue.
    Snakeyes
  • The delux fenders arrived and we had the same issue attaching them to my Rambler yesterday. My LBS came up with a MacGeyver solution as well. These fenders are really nice by the way.
  • Kelli, the tech's can't help if the part is not there. I ran into the same problem when I installed both my wifes rear fender on her ROVER and my rear fender on my RAMBLER.The Bike Planet fender is for a 20" bicycle because it has the plastic bracket to mount on the cross piece which crosses the rear tire framework. The part is not in the kit. Since I am a sheet metal mechanic, I cut me a piece of .063 (1/16"THICK) Aluminum 1" wide by 5.675" long and bent one end 1" up and the other end 1"down. The part will will be approx. 3.625" long after being bent. This is a perfect fit. The standoff fender attachment for the ROVER is 1" wide by 4.750" long. Then you bend it 1" up on one end and 1" down on the other. The part measures 2.750" and is perfect for the ROVER. After the bending then drill a 3/16" hole centered in both 1' ends of the metal and mount the bracket to the frame and the front slotted hole in the front of the rear fender. Make sure that if you use aluminum that you make the bends across the grain and not with the grain. You can see the grain in aluminum. This works and is guarenteed not to rust, bust or dust. Good luck to all who mount their rear Bike Planet Rear Fenders on the Rover or Rambler.
  • Here's the deal: If you bend the rear mounting bracket so it's extended as far as possible then bend the end of it up it should work for mounting the fender on a Rambler. Let me know if you need anything else.
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • Was wondering if anyone who has the deluxe fenders, has also attached a TT rear rack? How do I go about this? Have ordered the rack recently and want to know what I'm up against or if I should take it to a bike shop to have them do it. I am technically inclined, so if someone thinks it's easy enough could you please type out the details? Thanks in advance.
  • Jainy wrote:
    Was wondering if anyone who has the deluxe fenders, has also attached a TT rear rack? How do I go about this? Have ordered the rack recently and want to know what I'm up against or if I should take it to a bike shop to have them do it. I am technically inclined, so if someone thinks it's easy enough could you please type out the details? Thanks in advance.

I was able to install the deluxe fenders on my Rambler without too much trouble.
    For the front ones you have to remove the washers that are on the bolts holding the brakes on and use the fender brace to take up the space.
    I had to re-adjust the brakes again but its not too tough.
    There are several videos on YouTube showing how to do that.
    For the rear fender and rack installation i had to go to the local hardware store and buy longer metric bolts.
    The bolts i had were not long enough to get enough thread engagement with the rack and fender brackets together.
    With the new bracket for the fender-to-frame connection it was a piece of cake.
  • I'd love to see some photos of your new setup reboot. Either way this helps for future refrence.