can shifters be changed?

edited June 2012 in Rambler
Does anybody know or has anybody changed the standard grip shifters to trigger shifters?
I have Sram X-7 derailleurs front and rear with grip shifters.
I'm really not a fan of grip shifters and would much prefer trigger shifters.
Looking at my regular bike, the trigger shifters already have the brake lever built into the shifter.
On the Rambler they are separate items. One clamp holds the brake lever assembly in place and another clamp holds the grip shifter in place.
If i have Sram x-7 trigger shifters installed will the standard brakes still work with the locking parking brake or will the trigger shifters cover up the parking brake pin?

Comments

• The Attack shifters work on the Rambler, but you can't use the locking brake levers easily. The pin gets in the way.
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • Does anybody know or has anybody changed the standard grip shifters to trigger shifters?
    I have Sram X-7 derailleurs front and rear with grip shifters.
    I'm really not a fan of grip shifters and would much prefer trigger shifters.
    Looking at my regular bike, the trigger shifters already have the brake lever built into the shifter.
    On the Rambler they are separate items. One clamp holds the brake lever assembly in place and another clamp holds the grip shifter in place.
    If i have Sram x-7 trigger shifters installed will the standard brakes still work with the locking parking brake or will the trigger shifters cover up the parking brake pin?

Update ... I used the Sram X-7 trigger shifters and they work great.
    Unlike other trigger shifters that i have had where you pull one lever toward you and the other you push away from you with the X-7 shifters all shifting is by pressing each of the levers down for down shifting and up shifting.
    I had the shifters installed on the riders side of the Rambler handle bars so the shifters are on the opposite side of the brakes so there is nothing under the brake handle to interfere with the parking brake feature. Works great!
  • Any pictures available? Sounds like a nice modification. Thanks.