My TerraTrike Owners Club

edited October 2013 in General Discussions
Hey everyone, if you haven't already heard or done so, you should go and create an account at our new Owners Club page. The link is above on the far right hand side.

Although it's a little sparse at the moment there are two cool things you can do right now. The first is kinda fun. You can upload your own photo and it will replace the image own the homepage (for your computer only though) - although we might actually run a contest later where we select some of you guys and feature your photo on the actual homepage.

The other pretty cool thing is the new "Riders Map". This allows you to see who is riding in and around your area along with what trike they have and possibly a short bio about them. You can also click their name to email them.

We've also given you a coupon code for 10% off your next accessory order as a thank you too.

But now the next question is, what would you like to see offered in the MyTT section? Got any ideas of cool stuff or have you seen something somewhere else and thought, hey that would be cool to do? If so, post your ideas here and we'll see what we can do. We want this to be YOUR club and a place where we can reward our great, loyal customers.
Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky

Comments

• Suggestion: On the "Riders Map" feature, find a way to not disclose owner email information. Something like the Private Message capability we have on this Forum, maybe? Or an owner profile choice to opt out of email display?

Even though this is a restricted universe only TT owners have access to, I'm very reluctant to put my address out there where anyone can just click my name on the map and see what it is. That makes it more available to address-harvesters-for-spam than what I'm comfortable with.
  • Great idea and easy to implement.

I've added a button now on your profile (or sign up) where you can opt out of just the displaying of your email address part but still be featured on the map along with your model and bio (which is optional by just not filling it out).

The private messaging option is a bit more complex and I'll have to look into whether it makes sense to do that or not.

Thanks for the suggestion. Good one.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• chonk wrote:
    I've added a button now on your profile (or sign up) where you can opt out of just the displaying of your email address part but still be featured on the map along with your model and bio (which is optional by just not filling it out).
    Great! That works for me. I just put myself on the map. :)

To give map viewers a way to contact me now -- till you might work out something better -- I started my bio field this way:
    ForumPM:WilhelmGGW

One more suggestion? For this question..
    "Would you like your info displayed on our customer map? Yes No Everything but email"
    ..you might spell out that your info includes only name, location, email and bio. That could anticipate and assuage the misgivings of folks concerned about just how much of all the other personal information that's required on the profile page might end up being shared on the map. To the end of getting more owners to make themselves visible to us all.
  • Howdy,

OK, I registered. Now I'd like to buy an accessory. Where do I find the coupon code for 10%?

Thanks,

intjay
  • I registered. Can't find anything but a blank map. No one shows up, nor do I. Maybe it takes a while to update, or maybe it's manual?

I know there is a group in my area, with several TT's, that gathers for rides but haven't been able to relocate the URL to contact them. This will be a very useful forum if it facilitates locating local riders. The bike club in our area is a "hot dogs" only group. Their slowest rides are 14-16mph with may advertised as 20 or better. I could hang with them on my 2 wheel bent, but the club is certainly of no use for a Rover rider.

Wes
  • grrrrr.

Spammers.

They keep signing up for accounts and breaking the map. I'll go plug the hole again and fix it. Should be back up within the hour.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• intjay wrote:
    Howdy,

OK, I registered. Now I'd like to buy an accessory. Where do I find the coupon code for 10%?

Thanks,

intjay
    It's on the MyTT page in RED letters
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• I've tried to register for the owner's club, but every time I enter my user name, the site checks for availibility and just keeps spinning. Is there an issue with the sign up process?
  • Gary wrote:
    I've tried to register for the owner's club, but every time I enter my user name, the site checks for availibility and just keeps spinning. Is there an issue with the sign up process?

Sorry Gary.
    I had a crash of the site a couple weeks ago and I keep finding little things that aren't working.
    I fixed it and you should have no problems signing up.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• Thanks Jeff, I was able to register. How long do I have to use the 10% discount promo code?

Gary
  • Gary wrote:
    Thanks Jeff, I was able to register. How long do I have to use the 10% discount promo code?

Gary

As long as you need. It's a one time use though so make it count ;)
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• Yes that offer is still valid.
    Be aware that you do have to create an account on the shopping cart though.
    The system needs to know who you are in order to apply the credit and make sure you only use it once.
    If you still are having issues, you can always phone in your order and mention the MyTT promo and we'll apply it then.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker