New to Trikes

edited September 2012 in Rambler
I just bought a Rambler. It's quite different from what I'm used to. Looking forward to getting some good advice here :D

Comments

• welcome and hope you enjoy your new bike.
  • gerrystell wrote:
    I just bought a Rambler. It's quite different from what I'm used to. Looking forward to getting some good advice here :D
    Great to have you on board with your Rambler! Great advice is scattered all over this forum, Gerry. Have you had a chance yet to check it out? Of course you can also post your own questions, and I'm sure you'll find folks eager to get back to you.

In this forum, you might find riders in your area in the Riding Groups folder for your state. Another new resource for us all is under the "My Terratrike" tab above. Hopefully, the Rider Map will show you other TT owners in your area that you can get together with. When you first sign up to enter this owner only area, be sure to opt in to showing your information on the map, so others in your area can find you.

This is a great neighborhood to live in. We'll all try to make you feel at home.
  • Me too! have logged just over 700 miles since purchase in late May. Started with seat in full upright and now have it fully reclined. Switched out pedals to Shimano clipless. Now changing front tires for Primo Comets or Scwalbe Marathons. Considering Easton EA50 700c rear wheel. Have figured out the closet full of biking apparel now worthless. Can't use pockets on back of jerseys. Don't need chamois lined shorts. Camelbak now in lap?
  • I purchased my Rambler two weeks ago tomorrow, and I've been on it every day since then. I have a friend who has been a great help in getting adjusted to it. I haven't been on a bike since a crackup I had years ago and hurt myself. No more two-wheelers. Without my friend I probably wouldn't have become aware of trikes. I estimate that I've put in about 100 miles so far. Am learning how to adjust and maintain it, and have signed up for free classes in my city (Tucson, AZ).