Chain length?

edited October 2012 in Legacy Products
After a couple long tours, amounting to about 10,000 miles on my Tour, I need a new chain. What is the number of chain links in the stock chain? I'm trying to avoid the greasy mess of counting them... one by one. ;)

Comments

• What length trike?
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • I did not count my links... but when I replaced my chain I just lined up my old chain and put the new on next to it... lined up the links and cut the chain at the appropriate place.
    Glenn
    my videos (trike rides mostly)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dregerclock
  • These things have chains??? :lol:
  • It depends on the size trike you have.
    Jessica Kessenich
    Sales Coordinator
    TerraTrike
  • This may be a late reply and by now you have probably resolved the chain length question. However, I wanted to let you know I have a Tour with over 2000 miles on it (a little over one year old) and replaced the chain last month because I tend to use the lower gears too much. Anyway on this model trike I counted 144 links. Hope this helps. BTW- be sure to inspect your cassette gears for wear. Any issue in the cassette will cause premature weatr on the new chain.
  • My initial decision was green with orange lettering, and I may stay with that. But, as a female, my prerogative is to change my mind as needed. :D

obd2 connector |obdii codes