Cruiser Upgrade

edited October 2009 in Legacy Products
I absolutely love my Cruiser! I took it to new levels with some upgrades that I think are certainly worth it if you are interested in some easy upgrades. I added the TerraCycle idlers which really quieted the ride down to practically no noise. Incredibly quiet on a smooth road. I also added the Schlumpf front drive and the new Alfine 8 speed internal drive. Along with a trio of Marathon Plus tires it is fast, smooth and a blast!

Gary
Burlington, WI

Comments

• Those are great upgrades.

We can upgrade any trike at time of purchase. Just ask.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • Last year the most useful upgrade I made was a right hand mirror. I ride with a group a couple times a month in the summer and couldn't easily see when to get back over while passing on the downhill. I don't know how I rode without it now.
    This spring I had a 56T chainring put on, but haven't been on the road to test it yet. I hope it's this years favorite upgrade!
  • Make sure you let us know how that works for you!
    Jessica Kessenich
    Sales Coordinator
    TerraTrike
  • I agree with Gary about these upgrades. The TerraCycle idlers made a big improvement in my ride. What do people think of the Marathon Plus tires? Right now, I'm using the Stelvio tires up front and a Kojak in the rear. (See Stelvio review at: http://www.utahtrikes.com/ARTICLE-30.html) I've seen a noticeable speed improvement since adding these upgrades.
  • I too have seen a big speed difference since moving to the Schwalbe's.
    I think most of that has to do with the higher tire pressure.
    Being a bit heavier than most riders, those extra PSI's make my ride more smoother.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • Is there any chain adjustments needed when you swap out the deluxe idlers for the stock ones on the cruiser? The diameter of the deluxe idlers (with the teeth) look different to me... Thanks!
  • The 10t idlers are the same diameter as the standard idlers. The 13t idlers are a bit larger, but not significant enough to need to change the chain length.
    Jessica Kessenich
    Sales Coordinator
    TerraTrike
  • Sorry, I misspoke. I have the heavy duty idler set (one with teeth and the other with a red strip). Would I have to change the chain on the Cruiser for these puppies? Thanks again!
  • Nope! No change needed for those either.
    Jessica Kessenich
    Sales Coordinator
    TerraTrike
  • Coolness! Thanks!