Noise issue

edited April 2013 in Rambler
My wife and I have two new Ramblers. We have ridden them about 15 miles and they are a lot of fun. We are both noticing a noise coming out of the left front tire/wheel. At first I thought it was the fender rubbing on the tire. But after looking both trikes over, I think it's the disc brake rubbing. Our bike shop is about 45 miles away, so if we can solve this problem at home that would be great. Am I on the right track and if so what's the adjustment?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• My wife and I have two new Ramblers. We have ridden them about 15 miles and they are a lot of fun. We are both noticing a noise coming out of the left front tire/wheel. At first I thought it was the fender rubbing on the tire. But after looking both trikes over, I think it's the disc brake rubbing. Our bike shop is about 45 miles away, so if we can solve this problem at home that would be great. Am I on the right track and if so what's the adjustment?
    Thanks in advance.

Go to 3:45 on this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ooat0iQ9c#!
  • Is it a tick,tick,tick noise and do you have trip computers? I was getting that noise and it was the spoke sensor for the computer; it had been bumped and was ever so slightly fitting the sending unit. I just moved it slightly and all was good.
  • The video was the answer. The brakes on my Rambler are a bit different, but I figured out how to make the adjustment.
    Thanks for your help.