Traveler Availability?

I was wondering if you have come up with a time frame for when the Traveler will be available. We are hoping to purchase in March. In the area where we live biking season starts April 1.
John Werner
Rover Tandem Alfine 11 /w IPS

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Unfortunately, they are in production right now and we are expecting them here in late spring. They most likely will not be here by the first of April; You can place a pre-order to get one of the first ones. Let us know if you have more questions!
    Lydia R.
    Customer Service Manager
    TerraTrike - Part of the Solution
  • I just ordered two. Estimated shipping date 05/31/2014 (with custom paint).
    Dana
    Summerville, SC
    Tandem Pro
  • I did not know you could do custom colors on the Traveler. What custom colors are available?
    John Werner
  • I just ordered two. Estimated shipping date 05/31/2014 (with custom paint).
    Which spec did you order?
    John Werner
  • We ordered:

Hers His

X-seam 40 " 43"
    Custom color RAL 9006 RAL 9001
    rear trans Nexus 8 Nexus 8
    front trans Schlumpf HSD 27T Schlumpf HSD 27T
    pedals SPD M324 SPD M324
    accessories 2 mirrors 2 mirrors
    seat bag seat bag
    bell bell
    carrying case carrying case
    Dana
    Summerville, SC
    Tandem Pro
  • We are jealous jealous. - Ken
  • We ordered:

Hers His

X-seam 40 " 43"
    Custom color RAL 9006 RAL 9001
    rear trans Nexus 8 Nexus 8
    front trans Schlumpf HSD 27T Schlumpf HSD 27T
    pedals SPD M324 SPD M324
    accessories 2 mirrors 2 mirrors
    seat bag seat bag
    bell bell
    carrying case carrying case
    Wow! Those are very nicely equipped trikes. Schlumpf drives are not my cup of tea (have had a couple of them), but a lot of riders love them. Still trying to decide if I should order a couple of Travelers. Waiting for approval from DW.
    John Werner
  • We ordered the Schlumpfs because we wanted the folders to be derailleur free. We have no experience with them so we are rolling the dice a bit. Hopefully, we will adapt and learn to take advantage of them.
    Dana
    Summerville, SC
    Tandem Pro
  • You will not be sorry you got the HSD Schlumpf 27T, derailleur free may also prove to be trouble free as well if the installers of the Schlumpfs know how to install them correctly.
    I have a HSD Schlumpf 27T on my Rover, with a nice straight chainline to the Alfine hub, you and your lady will love that set-up because you can have a higher or lower gear inch range by just changing the Nexus 8 Sprocket, the more teeth on sprocket the lower the range and the less teeth, the higher GI and the faster you can go. It may take a little while for you to get use to shifting with your heels, it just takes some practice to master. WHO is installing the Schlumpfs for you, TerraTrike or their dealer? and if you care to share, what is the total cost of your two new Travaler Trikes with the Schlumpf HSD 27T installed. :mrgreen:
    Happy Trikings !
  • We are still unsure if/how the custom colors will work on the Traveler. It becomes a bit more complicated and still need to have our powder-coater inspect the frames and let us know if it is possible and how much it will cost compared to the other TerraTrikes. Their current custom colors on any Travelers are pending. Please email me with any questions! - <!-- e --><a href="mailto:lydia@terratrike.com">lydia@terratrike.com</a><!-- e -->
    Lydia R.
    Customer Service Manager
  • Someone posted on BROL that the Traveler will not be available until Fall 2014. If it is true seems like kind of a bummer, especially for the folks that pre-ordered.
    John Werner
  • Sorry for my delayed response:

The All Road Package is really made for the Rambler. We did try it out on the Traveler and it's doable, but doesn't allow the Traveler to fold as small as you would like it to.

Regarding the release date of the Traveler:
    Upon recent completion of long term testing of the Traveler folding trike we have decided to delay its release. TerraTrike dealers and customers expect and deserve reliable, quality products; and the hinges simply did not meet our standards. We've determined that releasing the Traveler as-is would yield poor long term reliability and dissatisfaction due to a loosening of the hinge that could not be remedied. The Traveler will not be available for the 2014 spring or summer season. We are hoping for a fall in-house time frame.

We are actively fabrication new hinge prototypes that address the shortcomings of the old design as well as maintaining the same ride quality, safety and ease of use over the life of the product. The new design will go through rigorous testing prior to release to ensure compliance with our standards. We understand any disappointment that this delay causes, but we are confident in the long-term benefits of forging this path. TerraTrike is excited for the solutions the traveler will bring to an expanded rider base when it is available and produced to our standards.

We remain the best selling recumbent trike brand available due to our commitment to customer service and our range of products that already exceed many customer needs and expectations. As part of this commitment, anyone with questions should feel free to contact us with questions at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:sales@terratrike.com">sales@terratrike.com</a><!-- e --> or 1800-945-9910.
    Lydia R.
    Customer Service Manager