Idler position

I'm switching the crank on my Path to a triple and I'm just wondering about the positioning of the idlers. On the trikes that come from the factory with triples, are the idlers in a different position or do they slide? Is there any concession made for the fact that the chain switches chainrings?

Thanks,
Keith

Comments

• Keith,

There are several issues that will keep you from accomplishing what it is you wish to do. Please call Mike at our store to discuss these issues: 1.800.945.9910

Jess
    Jessica Kessenich
    Sales Coordinator
    TerraTrike
  • Thanks Jess.
    I have already swapped the rear tensioner for a 2006 Tiagra rear d
  • I'm glad you got some of those worked out. I'm not sure of everything Mike wanted to talk with you about, a call is still suggested.

As far as the front idler configuration, the placement will suffice. The only change I suggest is removing the inner-most spacer. That would be the spacer between the frame and the L-Bracket.

Jess
    Jessica Kessenich
    Sales Coordinator
    TerraTrike
  • I have another idler question, I have a Zoomer Elite with the 26" wheel kit. Th replaced the front idlers with the TerraCycle idler and I am thinking of replacing the rear set. When I look on the TerraCycle site, it states that the rear idler will fit all of the TerraTrike models except the Zoomer. Is there a special reason why they don't fit?

Rick
  • With that rear idler set there is a clearance issue with the seat/frame. Currently their rear idler set will not fit on our Zoomers.
    Jessica Kessenich
    Sales Coordinator
    TerraTrike
  • Jess_Kess wrote:
    ...As far as the front idler configuration, the placement will suffice. The only change I suggest is removing the inner-most spacer. That would be the spacer between the frame and the L-Bracket.

Jess

Thankee kindly Jess,
    It does seem to work much smoother in that position. I will still give Mike a call. Won't be until Tuesday though unless you happen to be open tomorrow, and it's my opinion that you shouldn't. People should have their holidays.
    Thanks,
    Keith