Although I developed and tested this on a Rambler, I suppose these could be used on similar trikes also.
If any questions, please holler.
For sale here is everything needed to upgrade a standard Terratrike Rambler to a large-wheel, Plus/Fat trike.
Can be used with tires down to 1.9 in wide for fair-weather all-roading and/or more than 3 in wide for near or full-fat triking.
Plus Wheel package: $325
- Front wheels (2): Alex DX32 24” (ISO 507) rims; 36 spoke; Velocity front disc hub w/20 mm axle; dished 3 mm to retain near center-point steering
- Rear wheel (1): Sun-Ringle MTX39 26” (ISO 559) rim; 32 spoke; Shimano disc hub, Shimano/SRAM cassette compatible
- Rear fender: Planet Bike ATB; accommodates tires up to 2.3 in wide
- Front fenders: MuckyNutz Fat fender, with homemade mount assembly supported by Rambler handlebars
- Rear tire: Surly Dirt Wizard 26 x 2.75 plus tube; less than 200 miles
- Front tires (2): Felt Berm Master 24 x 3.0 plus tubes; less than 200 miles
- Terratrike Dropout Extensions to accommodate 26 x 3 or 24 x 4 tires in rear
- Front disc brake rotors: Avid G2 Cleansweep 160 mm
Option: add $100
- Fat front tires (2): Vee Mission 24 x 4.0 fat tires with tubes; less than 100 miles
Option: Add $75
Drivetrain upgrade to 9-speed rear drive:
- Rear derailleur: SRAM X-7 9-speed
- Shifter: SRAM X-7 9-speed twist gripshift
- 9-speed KMC chain
- Terratrike Deluxe 10-tooth return Idler assembly
- Cassette: 12-36t 9-speed (9-32 available as option)
Components are located in Madison,
Prefer local sale, but will consider shipping at buyer’s cost.