tube problems

edited December 2009 in Legacy Products
I bought a new zoomer elite with the 26in wheel upgrade. Over the last 2 months I've been having problems with tubes popping on me. They were blowing out through the rim liners at the spoke holes. I found that velocity makes plugs to fill the holes. Hostelshoppe sells them. So I got some on the way. I hope this fixes the problem. 10 years of riding, and this is a first for me!

Comments

• Make sure you check the rim strips that is under the tube, it could have moved to the side. Another reason could be if there is a spur in the rim.
    Jessica Kessenich
    Sales Coordinator
    TerraTrike
  • nope. sorry Jess. i initially tried caulking over the hole and it still blew right through it. i got those veloplugs that velosity makes along with a new liner and so far so good. something to look into and something i recomend especially if high psi tires are involved. 8-)
  • just to let everyone know that if you have the velocity 26in rear wheel, i highly recomend installing the veloplugs. i haven't had any more issues since i put those on
  • bumblebee wrote:
    just to let everyone know that if you have the velocity 26in rear wheel, i highly recomend installing the veloplugs. i haven't had any more issues since i put those on
    Thanks for the heads up bumblebee, I'll keep this in mind if I have any issues. Although I've been riding my 26" Zoomer Elite since late May and have not had a blow out or even a slow leak yet.
  • Thanks for the ideas. No issues with my wife's Zoomer Elite 26 either.