out again...

Nothing special except that I made it out again n the tirke today. Brought my cell phone using map my ride and it says that I went 4.83 miles. I think I need to firgure out a way to mount my galaxy note 3 and a bottle or two.
Any of you use a phone as large as mine and how have you mounted it safely and still be able to sit comfortably on the trike ?

Comments

• Here you go http://www.gomadic.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3---note-iii-handlebar-holder.html

I got one of these for my Garmin eTrex. It's a fantastic holder.
    John Werner
    Rover Tandem
  • I have had no problems with mine but I use it on a two wheel bent that does not hit as many bumps due to one track versus the three tracks of a trike. Also I ride asphalt MUP's and our roads are fairly smooth compared to roads in Alaska.
    John Werner
    Rover Tandem
  • If you're using a Note3, you might consider the Samsung watch.  You can leave the giant phablet* in your rack bag and link the info you want to your wrist.
    *My daughter carries a Note3 and I poke fun that she can't decide between a PHone or a tABLET - it's a PHABLET! 
  • Normally my cell never leaves the home area because it is my phone, internet and gaming connection all in one.
    So having it go out and ride a bicycle really takes it away from its main job....

• edited August 2015
    Normally my cell never leaves the home area because it is my phone, internet and gaming connection all in one.
    So having it go out and ride a bicycle really takes it away from its main job....

So you do not carry a phone with you when you ride? I find it comforting that I have a phone with me when I ride. If I would have some major issue that would not be fixable on the trail, I can just call my wife to pick me up.
    John Werner
    Rover Tandem
  • edited August 2015
    Normally the phone never leave my trailer or house....
    Buy since I got the trike i have started taking it with me...
    being I have not rode further than a mile from the house I'm not sure I would need to take it yet...
    Really nobody to call....

• I carry mine in case of emergencies. I'm from the old school tho. I rarely actually use my cell phone. I don't even know my number, I have to look it up on the phone when asked for it. For awhile I was with Verizon. Many months I had zero or two minutes of use, for $40.00 per month. When my contract was up I switched to prepaid, Tracfone, which now costs me about $10.00 a month.
  • Technically - you shouldn't even need an active phone if you only want to use the app. Find the cheapest pre-paid android phone you can; drug store clearance bins and Wally World clearance are good places to look. Use the Wi-Fi option at home to download whatever apps you want. This shouldn't count against the pre-paid minutes. If you want a phone just for roadside emergencies - this option should work for you. Most pre-paid plans expire annually so you may need to add minutes for emergencies next year or just use it as an android app device for your trike. I found my son an Alcatel touch screen android phone at Dollar General for $20. . .