New Rover Rider

New Rover Rider 

Comments

• Do you already have a rover ? How often do you ride and where?
  • I have a rover been ridding it a lot lately from ohio bought a rover because I'm tall and knee problems and back problems.
  • I'm 65 and a retired truck driver. I've spent a lot of time sitting at my computer.  A nasty side effect was more weight gain on top of what I'd gained in a truck.  I thought I weighed 400 when I ordered The Rover, my doctor's visit declared 467 pounds.  Horrified was a good word.  I picked up my trike on the way home.

That was 3 months ago,  Yesterday was my 3 month check up.  I've learned to fear that dreaded scale.  Not any more 442, I've lost 25 pounds!!  Ok, here's the background.  No surgery, I'm doing this all on will power and my Rover.  I curbed my eating a bit more than I had already done and I'm taking a highly recommended thermogenic fat burner.  I ride my Trike at least a four days a week.  If I'm feeling good, I can get up to 7 days a week.  I started out slowly, half a mile increments working my way up to 4 miles.  To be fair, riding with a chest cold was almost impossible, I took a week off to get better.  Then, I pulled a ligament or tendon in my upper left thigh, took another week off for that.  I live is a residential are of Oldsmar, Florida and there's a nice park and trail at the end of my street.

My next doctor's visit is in 3 months.  I'll come back and update my story.
  • Congrats on your weight loss!  I retired in May and have been riding a couple times a week but I have only seen a weight gain.  I'm hoping it's muscle which will in turn burn more fat later.  

People think riding a trike is easy.  I think it's very hard.  I feel it in my core, my arms, and my legs.  How about you?
  • Me too on feeling it in a lot of places.  After almost 15 years driving one kind of truck or another, I had some serious lack of activity going on.  I used MapQuest and plotted courses in my neighborhood.  I stated on short course and slowly increased to longer ones.  That seemed to help a lot.  It was the feeling of accomplishment that let me keep going.  Riding with no goal is rather defeating, no sense of accomplishment.  I started out at 0.5 miles and slowly worked up to 2 miles.  Baby steps but I'm a fat, old man and it has been decades since doing anything more strenuous than getting out of bed.

I just updated at my six month mark.  I'm down to 407, another 35 pounds, 60 pounds total for the six months.  Still a long way to go but it feels attainable!!!
  • Turtle, congrats on the health improvements, you are inspiring!