Chicagoland Unconventional Bicycle Expo

edited September 2015 in General Discussions
CUBE (Chicagoland Unconventional Bicycle Expo) is this weekend and TerraTrike will be there. I was not able to make Recumbent Cycle-Con, so thinking about going to CUBE this weekend. Shorter drive than Cincinnati for me and my wife will be attending an out of town seminar, so this seems to be a good weekend to go. Should be a fun event with lots of trikes to test ride.

John Werner
Rover Tandem Alfine 11 /w IPS

Comments

• Did you make it to CUBE @iambent?
    TerraTrike - Customer Relations, Assembly, and Forum/ Facebook Administrator. 
  • I did not make it. Just too many things to do at home over the weekend. Even had made a hotel reservation and cancelled it on Thursday night,
    John Werner
  • Yes they are. Look under accessories in products, on their online catalog.
  • Those are not available yet. They are however the final prototype, so we should be seeing them sometime in the near future.
  • Can do.

I used some on a 300 mile ride that I just got back from. The ride was great, but I would not have been as happy as I was without them.

Huge game changer in a few different ways. 

@jamesr, have I spoke to you on the phone before?
  • HP Velotechnik makes some nice heel strap pedals. Zach Kaplan sells them for $84 a pair.

John Werner
  • edited October 2015
    Being in Grand Rapids in late August for a conference and visiting TerraTrike, I really liked the Sportster with the anodized frame. Had that same flat color look as the new powdercoat colors. Was wondering why they were going away from the anodized frame to powdercoating on the Sportster. Chonk stated it was lower cost and more color choice with powdercoating. I have to admint I really like the look of the green powdercoated Sportster in the BR write-up. 

I was considering purchasing a Sportster but now after reading all the changes being implemented for 2016, I am definitely going to wait. Love the change they made to the steering. I think it will real calm down the propensity to shake at high speed.

John Werner