Lightest Weight For The Price?

edited September 2009 in General Discussions
Hi, folks. I'm new to this forum, but a long-time recumbent rider. I've owned a couple of other brands of trikes before and am thinking about getting back into triking. I'm looking for the lightest trike out there, without going crazy on the price. I'm also looking only at models with an adjustable seat. After comparing the specs on the WW models to other brands, it looks to me like the Sport Pro at 31 lbs. is about the best bang for the buck out there.

What got me started thinking about all this is, I recently met a fellow with a year-old Race, and he allowed me to pick it up to feel how light it was. The other two brands I had previously owned (high-end competitors' models), were heavy and ungainly to pick up and carry in and out of doors. When I picked up the Race, I was amazed at the difference between it and my previous trikes. It was WAY lighter than the other two models I owned.

Since the Sport Pro replaced the Race, I'm guessing the Sport Pro is the same weight as the Race? Do any of you have both a Sport and another model or brand? Is the Sport noticeably lighter to pick up and carry around?

Sorry to have so many questions on my first post, but thanks for any help!

Comments

• The Sport Pro is the same weight as the Race.
    Jessica Kessenich
    Sales Coordinator
    TerraTrike
  • Thanks, Jessica. I think it's cool that you guys have this forum, where you respond directly to customers' questions.

By the way, I did manage to get a test-ride today on a Race that belongs to a local guy. All I can say is, it was fantastic. It felt much livelier and lighter than my previous trikes, accelerating more easily, even when going uphill. I also noticed none of the pedal steer that I have experienced on some other brands. I wasn't clipped in (he had different pedals than the ones I use), so I wasn't able to spin as well as I normally try to. Even so, the Race stayed steady, tracking straight ahead, even when I was pedaling pretty hard. I also found it easy to modulate the brakes, even under pretty heavy braking, to get it to stop straight ahead.

Bottom line, I'm planning to call you guys soon and order one!