flag pole not going down seat holes?

edited January 2010 in Accessories
On my cruiser, my flag poles on both sides only seem to go down the seat holes about six inches, or until the first back seat bar, apparently. Is there some kind of bolt in there now? Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• The flag doesn't go down any farther than that in those seats. This should not be problematic.
    Jessica Kessenich
    Sales Coordinator
    TerraTrike
  • My old Edge, the pole went all the way down. So now I will have a 6 foot poll only inserted 6 inches? Seems like it will fly out the first strong breeze.... what do people do, cut down their pole size? Thx.
  • The flag does insert to different depths depending on the seat frame.

I have not heard of anyone losing their flag in a strong wind, nor cutting down their pole - cutting the pole will not allow it to insert any farther into the seat frame.

Here at the shop, with us riding and with all the test rides, we always provide a safety flag to each trike. We have not had one instance, that I am aware of, of losing a flag.

The extra height of the flag will make you extra visible!
    Jessica Kessenich
    Sales Coordinator
    TerraTrike
  • I just got a tour and thought the flag should go down farther, but I have not had any trouble at all with it. My wife has a tour also and sometimes we get stuck in heavy traffic and those flags can be a lifesaver because they stick out so far. I have found drivers certainly can see you much better.
  • What is the widest tire that will properly fit the rims that came on my 3 yr old Rover (square tube frame)?

TheDuke
  • I use 2 flag poles on my Rambler. They both have TT yellow flags at the top and I've added another flag below them. That's 2 flags per pole. Been out in some stiff winds and have no problem with them coming out. I keep my trike in the back of my pickup and it has a camper shell on the bed. I have to remove the poles to put it in the truck, so there's no "fastening" them to the seat back.