Taking my Rover on a trip

Going to spend a week at Bend, OR.   They have lots of nice developed trails and bike paths, and a lot of bike shops.  Since my arthritis has worsened since buying the Rover, I thought it was time to take it along, so I can be mobile while the wife shops.  Problem: how can two retired folks get it into a '95 CRV?  Here's what finally worked:
First, using my Allen key. I loosened the clamps on the handlebars, and they collapsed right down against the front of the seat.  Then I loosened the clamps on the Versa Bars, and things compressed still further.  I put a Tyrap around the bundle of misc. tubing to keep them in place.

I folded the CRV seats and pushed them as far forward as they's go.

Then I lifted the front end of the Rover onto the edge of the rear door opening and set it inside, and lifted the rear of the trike (which has a luggage rack and a large trunk on it) over the door sill and into the CRV.  I turned the front wheels to the right and slid the trike toward the right side door, and moved the rear of the trike to the right also.  Of course, the front sprocket is a problem, but mine has a bash guard on it.  Just slid the passenger seat a little farther forward.  At that point the rear door would close, and there was still a large space left for luggage, and I had a halfway decent sight-line out the rear mirror.  All this was done by one semi-invalid geezer.  

I did all this in the driveway, but haven't taken the trip yet.  Once the adventure is done and we're back home, I'll let you know how it went.

• Sorry for the double submittal.  Just read one of them.  You pick.
  • The storage area between my two front seats in my Escape is higher than the back with the seats folded down.  I found I can put the trike in, back wheel first, and it will fit.  First I have to lower the seat by taking the supports apart so that the seat hits the rear tire.  Also, my vision to the right is greatly impaired.  

My Rover fit fine with one pedal towards the right front seat when it was put in front first until I put the 24" wheels on it.  

I suggest a carrier but read my post on the Alpaca.  It's not a great solution either.