Min / Max seat adjustment to keep weight centered

I picked up 2 used Rovers and I am working to set them up for my wife and I.  Currently the bikes are at the medium boom length.  A little bit of seat adjustment and everything seems to be OK.  However, I did adjust the seats BACK toward the rear wheel.  

Is there any guidance for max distance back before you begin to put too much weight toward the back wheel?  I can immediately see that if you are too far back you'll not be distributing your weight over all three wheels evenly.

Yes, I can go to my LBS, however, I am an DIY engineer type, so understanding is a 'thing' for me. :)

Comments

• Thank you for the fitment link!  Very Helpful.  At least I know that I am doing this about right.

I guess the question still is, on the Rover, with an adjustable seat, how far back or forward is recommended before changing the boom length?  (assuming no other issues like heal strike on the front axel cross bar)

Thanks.
  • Hmmm.... I think a rough'n'ready rule of thumb would be that your knees should be pretty much in line with a perpendicular through the front wheel axle. Have no idea if that's accurate or not but I think it would be close enough for gubmint work.
  • Sorta
  • " put the seat back as far as you can" at what angle of recline? Changing the recline changes the distance between hip joints and pedals.
  • My lbs moved my seat forward and extended the boom as far out as possible.  I'm only 5'10" so not excessively tall.  The seat support used to be right in front of the back boom adjustment screw.  I have seriously considered moving it back.  I feel like I'm so far forward on the bike.  It doesn't feel natural.  But, it's the same as what I see in most pictures of the Rover.
  • I just made a quick trip to the bank for my daughter. I took a look at where my knees are relative to the front wheel axles on Honu. When I sit up straight to take a look, they appear to be in a line perpendicular to the ground. When I sit back my knees, of course, look like they are several inches ahead of the axles.