Rover brings freedom to disabled person!

I got a Rover because a disability due to mobility, balance,  back pain and lack of strength issues made riding my 2 wheel bike too unsafe and difficult. I've had my Rover for about a month now and it's amazing how I can barely walk around the house on my own two feet but I can go twenty miles on the Rover!

When I got the Rover it was just to replace short trips to the store, etc, that I used to make on the 2 wheeler, but realizing the ease with which I can go distances on the Rover has opened up a whole new world of activity for me. I live in Northern California and am planning on doing some camping trips this Summer. Already had a bike trailer, and now I've invested in a tent and other camping gear so I can spend some time on the road and in the woods. I'm not sure how well I can handle going up some of the hills, but there's only one way to find out! I might have to chug along in 1st gear at 4 MPH up some of the grades, but I'm not in any rush to get anywhere.

Hey, if some guys could ride TerraTrikes up to Mt. Everest Base Camp at 17000 feet, I should be able to make it up some California hills!

Comments

• wow what a great thing. I to have balance and back issues been looking into these bikes but the cost is abit much for me right now. congrats on being able to do more now
  • One of the great things about a trike is you can go fast, or you can go slow. Really slow. All without falling over.
    Great to hear you've regained freedom and mobility.
  • I found out long ago in my DF days that hills start out as a physical challenge, later they become a psychological challenge and finally they become a meditational exercise. That insight was long ago and I am now re-starting at the physical challenge part.
  • Congrats on your purchase!  You will come to love it.  I too was losing  my ability to walk.  But, riding my Rover a couple times a week has me feeling better.  My knees don't bend beyond 90 degrees but I am slowly getting them to go further.  

I constantly hear walkers say "that looks comfortable!"  I reply that it's a lot of work but I enjoy it.  Better to enjoy your ride on a trike than leave your two wheeler in the garage!
  • I think we all measure hills differently.
  • It was in April of 2013 that I first rolled out on my Rambler 8 after a really gnarly accident. I to could barely walk out the door to the trike but could ride and the freedom/emotional lift that acme from riding brought me back to the land of the living. Congrats Danamo the more you ride the easier the climbs will get!