Tour de Melon - Chiefland

edited June 2016 in Florida

What a fun ride! I missed this ride last year because one year ago on this date I had my final radiation treatment and finally freedom from that 9 month 'adventure' with breast cancer - and just didn't have the energy to ride let alone drive an hour plus to Chiefland and return. HOWEVER, a year later, I get to celebrate another Tour de Melon - one of my favorite rides. Enjoyed meeting Dave & Sandy, Diane and Andrea - fellow trikers from the Facebook Recumbent Trike Group. Looking forward to next year! Oh... and I rode 26.7 miles!

<div><i>Take a chance - just leap and the net will appear</i></div><div><br></div><div>TerraTrike Rambler GT</div><div>Trek Madone 5.2 WSD</div>

Comments

• Congrats on the miles you rode and beating cancer.  Those are two monumental accomplishments!

If I can slowly increase the miles I ride, I might make it up there next year.  I made 9.2 miles today and felt I could have gone further.  Unfortunately, storms were coming in and I felt it was more important to head home.