No Brake Steer?

I'm a Trike Newbie and was looking at available options when I came across this;

"Do you need to operate both brakes with one hand? Do you prefer to have no brake-steer?"

What, exactly, does "No Brake Steer" mean?

Help me Obi-Wan! :lol:

Bubba Bear
Recumbent Riders Are Laid Back People
State of Residence: Arizona Hometown: WHEELING, WV
Hometown's Motto: Get the Wheeling Feeling My Motto: I got the 3 Wheeling Feeling!

Comments

• Brake steer occurs when only one brake is applied and the trike steers in the direction of the applied brake - this usually only happens when riding at higher speeds or on slick ground. Brake steer can startle the rider if they aren't used to braking with both hands, or it can help make sharper turns.

It is possible to upgrade to a Dual Brake Lever that will apply both brakes with a single brake lever.
    Jessica Kessenich
    Sales Coordinator
    TerraTrike
  • Jess,

I was thinking about the dual brake lever, but now I'm not so sure now that I know what "No Brake Steer" means.

I can see how having individual brakes and applying more pressure to one side would help you have sharper turns and that sounds like a good thing to be able to do.

It can't be any worse than using the front brake only on a DF and flipping the bike over, can it? :lol:

Hmmm? What to do?

Don'tcha just hate it when one answer poses another question?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Keep up the good work!

BB
    Recumbent Riders Are Laid Back People
    State of Residence: Arizona Hometown: WHEELING, WV
    Hometown's Motto: Get the Wheeling Feeling My Motto: I got the 3 Wheeling Feeling!