chain problem with path8

edited October 2010 in Legacy Products
The terratrike i bought on some days ago was medium boom and then my dealer changed into small boom. Since then i rode and one of the most annoying problems and disappointing problems i had encounter has been the chain. The chain came off often, it is really annoying and my dealer just tighten the chain up little bit, still the chain is coming off. I am really pissed off because i have planned a long trip on easter. Terra trike chain routing design is really flawed. Is there any way of returning the product. i just bought on 1st april 2010. either teratrike fixed the problem have their dealer professional enough to fixed it. Otherwise i want my hard earned money back.

Comments

• *THIS ISSUE IS BEING ADDRESSED INTERNALLY*
    Jessica Kessenich
    Sales Coordinator
    TerraTrike
  • I am sorry to hear you are having issues.

The Path is a tried and true design, and of the thousands we've sold, you are one of a few that has ever had any problems with it.
    We suspect that the chain routing was incorrectly assembled by the dealer.
    Your dealer SHOULD have corrected the problem, but we always want the customer to be happy so we will take care of this for you.

We've sent an email to you to contact us. Please contact us at your convenience and we will make sure that you not only get your problem fixed, but make you love your Path again.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • I am sorry to hear you are having issues.

The Path is a tried and true design, and of the thousands we've sold, you are one of a few that has ever had any problems with it.
    We suspect that the chain routing was incorrectly assembled by the dealer.
    Your dealer SHOULD have corrected the problem, but we always want the customer to be happy so we will take care of this for you.

We've sent an email to you to contact us. Please contact us at your convenience and we will make sure that you not only get your problem fixed, but make you love your Path again.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • I have just recieved my path 8 trike today. The first one I thought of was you about the chain problem. I do not have tha problem with my trike. I do remember having that same problem with my mountain bike but I fixed it myself.
  • Check the great new TerraTrike video on adjusting the horizontal dropouts on Paths. It should solve the chain jumping problem.