New 2016 Rover - Internal 8 - (Picture Heavy)

1101112131416»

Comments

• Yeah, SA had a particularly bad batch awhile ago. Still had issues in other batches. At first it looked like it was from people shifting under load. (Which was a problem, too.)

I'm not thrilled with either the material or design of the hook on their hub either. That's what broke on my second SA hub.

- PaulNM
  • edited April 30
      I don't like their cable-anchor. It looks like it could slip out at any given moment.

Wished there was a way to add a small zip tie to some opposing point to help keep it in there. Zip ties can be easily removed for a flat issue, or least with me since I always carry some form of Leatherman on me. Then too I run slime and thorn protection, so it the rear wheel needed to come off it would have to be something serious.

Read a few posts about the NuVinci 360 & newer (?) 380. Most all said once they went that route they never looked back at the Sturmey-Archer. Price on initial order was indeed a factor for me, and have never rode anything with a NuVinci on it yet.
      Then there are times when I drool thinking about an electrical assist, more so on hills and headwinds/20+ MPH gusts. If only was a turbo boost, roller, or something to offer 30 minutes of OOMPH assistance!
  •   Changed the diet some, had been riding more (before catching a bug). Stepped on the scales today, lost those 20# I mysteriously gained last month.
      Been trying to make excuses to ride vs. taking the car. Won't go grocery shopping around here cause stores lack proper parking facilities for bicycles & trikes ... still would need a cart of offset the payload if I did. Am considering options there too. Funds is a limiting factor.
  • edited May 1
    Some of the comments on this thread have gotten a little heated and nasty.
    I don't approve nor like.
    So I'm locking this thread.

Please shake hands and move on.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
This discussion has been closed.