Path 8 gear / chain issue

edited December 2011 in Legacy Products
I seem to be having issues with the path 8 gears as well. I see one problem similar to another poster where going up a hill (not even that steep of a hill) causing something to jump, like the chain falling off track. Another issue I'm having is the gears seem REALLY loud, not just a gentle hum but a constant rattling, it seems to be worse at the lower gears. Any suggestions?

Also, when I got it from the dealer the yellow indicator was not only not int he middle of the window, it was about 1/8" away from the window entirely, so I don't have much faith in how the dealer assembled it.

Comments

• yellow indicator must in window when the ger is in fourth gear. Other than fourth gear, yeallow indicatir will always away from the window
  • Please bring your TerraTrike back to your local bike shop and have them address your issues.

Without having a trike in our shop, it is very difficult to make a diagnosis.
    Jessica Kessenich
    Sales Coordinator
    TerraTrike
  • I also have a path8. My hope is that ur problems have been solved. Just a lil reassurance though I've put 2,300 miles on it since Feb. 19,2011. Towing a trailer is an almost daily task for it.
  • path69 wrote:
    I also have a path8. My hope is that ur problems have been solved. Just a lil reassurance though I've put 2,300 miles on it since Feb. 19,2011. Towing a trailer is an almost daily task for it.

That post was from well over a year ago, I would think that the adjustment had been made .