FOR SALE - ROVER TANDEM - like new - Oregon

We purchased this Rover tandem from Terra in June 2015. These guys fulfilled a dream by selling us the factory floor demo unit because there were no tandems available.  Otherwise, we never would have been able to take our final ride.   Although we were avid mountain bikers,  my husband became ill and after his chemo single riding was no longer possible.  We rode this tandem and fulfilled his dream of cycling the Route of the Hiawatha, a Rails to Trails route in the Idaho panhandle with 15 other family members.  Sadly, he passed away just 6 months later.  I have had the trike in storage since that last ride (we cleaned and lubed the chain before putting it away.) It does have a light weight, brand new trailer from Harbor Freight (plywood top and large eye bolt tie downs.) However, by removing the rear wheel and some minor adjustments to the seats it fit into our 2002 Toyota Highlander.
It has the silver boom, IPS, thumb shifting.  I don't remember all the details but I can send you any number of photos and videos of us.  Plus I can have you talk to our local bike shop that did the assembly for us.

The trike is in perfect condition - just demos at the Terra factory and our one ride (less than 20 miles.)  Cost new was about $2300.  Willing to sell for reasonable best offer in $1500 range.   Trailer is another $200 (Oregon DMV does not require light trailer registration, but I do have the title so if your state requires the DMV it would be no problem.)

Located in Jacksonville, OR. (border of Oregon and Calif on I-5.)  I can probably deliver or meet anywhere within 300-400 miles - or arrange for the bike shop to ship it at cost.

Call and leave message or text Kristin 541-84 zero-7236.  I do not check the forum very often.  Thanks for the memories, Terra. 

Comments

• Kristin,

Sorry for your loss.  Happy for the memories.  

I would love to find out more about your trike.  I am looking for something for my parents.  Want to get it right away.

Please call me at 832-465-0011, or email me if you have sold it already.  rhondakarnes.rk@gmail.com
  • SOLD IT!!  Thanks for all the interest. 
  • Great story!