how to increase the gear on path 8 with 26 wheel

edited May 2010 in Legacy Products
Hi terratrike people,

i have recent 2010 path 8. My local bike dealer here told me that it can be fitted with 26 wheel. I really want 26 wheel. But i need to know, does it effect my current gear. how can i increase the gear so that i can overcome some of the hill here with terratrike path 8 with 26 inc wheel.

Comments

• Pema,

Unfortunately the Path model cannot be fitted with a 26" rear wheel without altering the frame. We currently do not have any alterations that extend the Path dropouts to fit a larger wheel.

Also, a larger wheel would give you higher/harder gears, allowing you to go faster. The gears desirable for hills are lower and easier, so you aren't mashing your knees. A 26" rear wheel would give you higher gears and cut out the lower, hill climbing gears.
    Jessica Kessenich
    Sales Coordinator
    TerraTrike
  • For future reference, if you have specific questions for TerraTrike about your particular situation, please email us through the [CONTACT] button at the top of the page! We will respond more rapidly. We are not always able to check and respond to forum posts as quickly.
    Jessica Kessenich
    Sales Coordinator
    TerraTrike