Flags

Ordered the Don't Tread On Me & American Flags from TT a few moments ago. Hopefully they will arrive before Saturday as Roger M. & myself will be participating in two local parades. Roger has ideas for a few fairgrounds events, and I'm eying that Weiser River Trail ride that brings in MANY riders from all over.

image    image
  Wasn't crazy about the USAF flag. Will have to hunt for an official looking flag that is trike sized to add later. Probably will use zip ties as I don't want to add two velcro sleeves for the driveway markers coming out the seat. Wanted one of them Don't Tread On Me flags for some time, it's the $10 shipping that cuts into the wallet, specially just for a flag. Wished TerraTrike would offer US Postal Priority shipping.

Would of like to of gotten a TerraTrike branded flag, but I've got too much revenue going out and not enough coming in. Can't have everything, although I did order a sticker to put on the back of my car.

What coercersed me was Roger's Path & flags he's got on his. Can't be outdone.  ;)

PS: TT has them pins in stock... but where to wear one? If this was a smaller, classy metal pin would put one on my Akruba Plainsman... these are too big for a classy hat. Where else would I put one, on the safety vest?
¬ Trikin' in Payette, ID

Comments

• I have Ol'Glory and TT's version of a Navy flag on eFreedom. And I also made a pennant with the VFW logo on it for under those.   Used one of those reusable grocery bags that had the bottom blown out as the pennant and ordered 2 VFW patches from the VFW store. Sewn on and you can hardly see the thread on the patch.

I "march" in at least 3 parades a year with eFreedom. There's no way I could do it if I had to actually march. Just can't keep the pace, nor the length of the route.
  • I fly the TT, No Gas, and Jolly Roger flags. I've also got a wind sock of a fish that flaps nicely in the breeze.
  •   Guy, pictures... /sigh  
    ¬ Trikin' in Payette, ID
  • yellow T.T. flag.
  • All those decorations will cut his speed in half...
  • Speed? What's that?
  •   Speed is when the wind is gusting in your favor  :)
    ¬ Trikin' in Payette, ID
  • Exactly!
  • Or when gravity does the hard work.
  • Have you seen the new teardrop flags? image
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • No room, except for smaller flags. ;) image
    ¬ Trikin' in Payette, ID
  • Headrest between the flag shafts? Good idea!!
  • Or a light bar...
  • edited May 21
    Both :smile:

Have an AirZounds horn coming in too.

¬ Trikin' in Payette, ID
  • I went to buy some flags from Terra Trike and the two I looked at were out of stock. Any idea when they will be available?
  • I went to buy some flags from Terra Trike and the two I looked at were out of stock. Any idea when they will be available?
    Should be back in stock in the next couple of weeks. They were more popular than expected.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• Thank you! I was hoping to display the American Flag on the holiday weekend but I'll wait until the next one.
  • edited May 22
    Seen some 18x12 flags at Walmart ($8) made for car windows. Double sided material and sewn on really nice. Cut a slit through using a awl or can opener on a Leatherman and zip tie to the flag post.
    ¬ Trikin' in Payette, ID
  • Seen some 18x12 flags at Walmart ($8) made for car windows. Double sided material and sewn on really nice. Cut a slit through using a awl or can opener on a Leatherman and zip tie to the flag post.
    That's actually the flag I'm flying on the top of my flag pole right now. I got the Velcro chunk TT sells in the store to mount the Navy flag on, and there was enough space in Ole Glory's mounting to slip down over the velcro, to help hold it in place. Then I stitched some Velcro onto my VFW pennant and put that under the Navy flag with more than enough room to spare.
  • Elrique64 said:
    Seen some 18x12 flags at Walmart ($8) made for car windows. Double sided material and sewn on really nice. Cut a slit through using a awl or can opener on a Leatherman and zip tie to the flag post.
    That's actually the flag I'm flying on the top of my flag pole right now. I got the Velcro chunk TT sells in the store to mount the Navy flag on, and there was enough space in Ole Glory's mounting to slip down over the velcro, to help hold it in place. Then I stitched some Velcro onto my VFW pennant and put that under the Navy flag with more than enough room to spare.
    No pics to share? :(
    ¬ Trikin' in Payette, ID
  • Nope, no pics. I used to have more than a few of them here, but then the Russians invaded... Just haven't had time nor inclination to put more up. One of these days, though.
  • Yeah, losing a lot of the old timer's posts really killed the 'spirit' it seems.
    If mine would of got hosed to I could of started with a new handle. :D
    ¬ Trikin' in Payette, ID
  • Yeah, losing a lot of the old timer's posts really killed the 'spirit' it seems.
    I'm sorry about that :(
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• chonk said:
    Yeah, losing a lot of the old timer's posts really killed the 'spirit' it seems.
    We blame the Russian spammers, not you @chonk. You're the (fairly) good guy. /grinning, ducking, & running
    ¬ Trikin' in Payette, ID
  • edited May 24
    chonk said:
    Yeah, losing a lot of the old timer's posts really killed the 'spirit' it seems.
    We blame the Russian spammers, not you @chonk. You're the (fairly) good guy. /grinning, ducking, & running
    Totally agreed. You weren't the a$$hats that did the spamming @chonk. It's the spammers that hosed everything up and cost a few of us our post histories, links and pictures. (That and us "wise guys" trying to create a new user ID...)

Blame needs to rest solidly where it belongs. And on my own network, I religiously ban certain IP's based on location. (For instance, no one from countries like Thailand, Uzbekestan, Malayasia, China, Iraq, Iran and quite a few others can't see anything past the router.)

Not sure if the forum software supports this type of blacklisting or not, but if so, I would set it up to prevent "questionable" areas of the world from posting. You can always look at where your sales are, and only allow IP's from those areas... :)

BTW, is there anyway to set it up so we don't need to have the "< br >" to make paragraphs again? It's seriously a pain in the tail bone... :)
  • Aye, I miss the toolbar... /sniff

¬ Trikin' in Payette, ID
  • edited May 24
    Amen to that. No < br > and the toolbar would be great. Unless they are exposure points, in which case we understand their loss and will mourn appropriately.
  • edited May 24
    I do block IP's but have been hesitant to ban entire country blocks. So far the couple of new steps I've put in place has kept the spammers at bay .

As for the line break thing. I was wondering if that had disappeared or was always that way? I'll look into it as well as the toolbar as I don't think THAT had anything to do with security and was prolly just another thing that got reset when I updated the software.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• test

test
    test
    NAILED IT! Tool bar is back and no more <br>'s needed
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• Excellent! Thanks @chonk. See you at 2:00pm! B)