Fireside Chat With Chonk

Comments

• Ahh, crystal marble is humming with life. I'm not going to say what I think it is, but if it's even close, Good on ya @chonk!
  • Agreed, dude. If it's anything like the Paying it Forward program that Core Rifle Systems has on their AR rifles I'm in total agreement. (They offer all Veterans and Active Duty a $100 rebate on any rifle purchase. Send in your DD-214 or military ID and a receipt and they send you the check.) And yes, I did buy a Core 15 M4 scout recently. It came with an ACOG 4x32 with the RMR premounted. What a dream rifle!
  • Do know the Census Bureau, least the LA office, gives a lot to the Wounded Warrior Foundation. Occasionally will see a local veterans group raffling off a paid-for hunting trip for veterans 50%+ disabled, which is a good thing.
    Wished I could get some muley venison again, has been quite some time. Mom used to make the best venison steaks & stew.
  • You live in Idaho and don't hunt yourself? I don't hunt much anymore either, but I'm still active in the camp when I go with my family. (Can't walk the hills like I used to, that's for sure. And one of the things I miss the most from my youth.)
  • edited May 2017
    When was 265# & fighting wildland forest fires the boss & I would go out muley hunting at the end of the fire season. After the great flood many people left. Our family moved down here to the flatlands too.
    Floods in the mountains! Who knew?!?

I do miss both the mountains & the fire fighting.

• @chonk, if TT starts a fund itself so it can give away Rovers/Ramblers to vets, you WILL be receiving my donation(s). Screw creating a 503(c), etc., just start a pot and let folks donate.
  • at the lbs the other day, no rovers on the floor, chap asked about my rambler and if we could chat. put him on it, pointed to yon hill, said see how ya like real gearing. coupla hours later, after proper fitting and testing, helped him load it into his van. apparently the containers came in. check the specs and see the i8 rover is now nexus. anyway, redoing the fleet with one wheel in fronts. have a used sun x3 uss and a new jouta uss ordered so any va patient in gainesville or surrounding that thinks a rover might work for serious rehab is welcome to it.
  • edited May 2017
    Good work Chonk. Idaho, Elirque, keep your head up.
  • Hey guys, just a reminder to tune into our Facebook page this Thursday (5/25) at 2:00 EST for our announcement of what I've been eluding to in this thread.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • Buy certain products over a certain amount of time, and a percentage of the sales goes to fund Veterans program(s) to help disabled Veterans get into a Rover. Am I close? ;)

Will find out in 2 days, unless we get invaded by Jupiter.

• Just saw a news article (posted by TT in their channel on Youtube) about TT giving away a Rover to a lady with head/brain injury from a crash. It appears to be doing wonders for her recovery.
  • Jrobiso2 said:
    Just saw a news article (posted by TT in their channel on Youtube) about TT giving away a Rover to a lady with head/brain injury from a crash. It appears to be doing wonders for her recovery.
    That was actually from a few years ago. I just "Found" the video. I love these types of stories and being able to do these types of things. We get mired down in the day to day minutia here sometimes and lose sight of the big picture. Doing these types of things really brings it all back home to WHY were doing what we do and why I get out of bed every morning.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• Well said @chonk. You are a o:)
  • Jrobiso2 wrote: »
    Well said @chonk. You are a o:)

Hardly. I just love what I do and care about people in general.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• Still waiting for a video on the TT FB page . . . .
  • Well crap, I've got my days mixed up. Never mind.
  • edited May 2017
    @chonk's secret project exposed... :D
    sddefault.jpg
  • I've got a Triton V8 I can loan to that project!
  • Newbie here. But I was able to secure a used 2009 Rambler recently- it's a blah brown color. I have not seen any the same color in photos on the web. We have not located the serial number in all our upgrading, repairing (we think it wasn't put together correctly the first time, or after a bike rack was added) and cleaning of the bike (my brakes don't squeak anymore- yeah!). Is it possible that the serial number is in a different location?
  • No. The Rambler is probably one of the easier ones to find the serial number on. It's on the crank, unless someone has replaced it with something else? Also, is you're trike BROWN? or is it a kind of drab green/grey? We've never made a brown trike.
    serialRambler.jpg

Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• Sure enough, I went out and specifically looked for it and I found it! Underneath the crank - and not as shown in the photo above - it's not with the curve of the tube, it's the other direction. I had to turn the bike on it's side to find it.

I was wrong on the color as well. It still has the decals on it -
    for the most part,
    that aren't underneath a clear coat.
    Am I correct on the age of this bike?
    It's a 2009?
    Thanks!
    p78vp2299m7v.jpg
  • I think we went to the orange on the Rambler in 2013. That model would have been between 2011 and 2013.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• What of Veterans that do not have a Military ID? Not everyone was entitled to keep theirs, yet are Honorably Discharged. Some of us have a VA ID card.
    Didn't want to say anything on facebook. :)
  • We'll accept that as well
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• edited May 2017
    Ahh, was going to add that this is a VERY GOOD program for those that are 100% disabled. 20 years in, 100%, or medically retired disabled get Military ID. (For the record.)
    VHIC_Fact_Sheet_020215a-300x191.jpeg

All Veterans should salute you for this offer! We'll have to spread the word.
    Thank You, TerraTrike & @chonk for this outstanding offer!

Know for one that my disability has improved, and getting exercise I would not of gotten otherwise. One exercises more to either to save a member of their body or when they are enjoying the exercise.
    I even took on an outrageous gravel road last evening, and the Rover got me through it - there and back. Rover might not be All Terrain, but it's got guts!

Thanks! We now return you to the regularly scheduled programming. :)
  • Oh, hehe, National Guard flag? /ducks
  • Oh, hehe, National Guard flag? /ducks

Really? Excuse my ignorance but isn't that a branch of the army = Army national guard, or Air Force = Air national guard? I'll catch hell (again) if I missed one.

However, I could easily make a national guard flag. But help me, is it a legitimate "Branch" of it's own?
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• edited May 2017
    I have no idea. :D Think they are Army. Know a lot of youths join the Air National Guard or National Guard. Almost did that myself till I heard about Army Bootcamp vs. flat feet.

Think it's its own branch?
    https://www.nationalguard.com/