Fireside Chat With Chonk

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Weiser River trail's board of directors opened discussion on e-assisted bikes, and of course I threw input and examples of an e-assisted trike.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/weiserrivertrail/?ref=group_header

Unfortunately I don't have access to such e-assisted trike/bike to prove a point that one could actually ride up the trail, and then back. I'm not sure if it could be done, but I opened up the possibility since trying to find shuttle service isn't always easy or affordable.

¬ ITL
  • edited July 2017
    Last time I was on the Weiser River Trail I took videos of the ride down. Going up would be rough without an assist or proper hill climbing training. Put your system on a Rover and I'll give 'er a go, videos both ways! :D

The majority of the trail in 5 min 10 sec

Of course now I have an option to put the camera on the versa bars, which I didn't have then.

¬ ITL
  • Hmmm what's this?
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • Looks like it has skinny tires !
  • chonk wrote: »
    Hmmm what's this?

New weld type to give more stability with less weight?

¬ ITL
  • The material........
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• edited July 2017
    chonk wrote: »
    The material........

Rhodium plated titanium?

Actually looks like y'all welded chromoly to aluminum. Do I win a stale cookie? ;)

¬ ITL
  • Guess I shouldn't of mentioned cookies... /grin

¬ ITL
  • i would take a stab at stainless, but . . .

has terratrike gone into the jewelry business? the cruciform socket structure looks like investment casting, quite distinct from other brands. gorgeous!
  • Dropped a link on the Rambler EVO in the Weiser River Trail group, as I know there are a low of wealthy folks that would probably nab one knowing the Rover could handle the trail.
    Tried to find a video on the REVO but none to be found, yet there is a photo of someone riding it on the REVO product page. So someone must have a video but are hiding it. ;)

Should hire REVO demonstrators at various trails to further train trail administrators to show that there is a safer alternative and how one of these handles and doesn't tear up trails. Was why I was looking for a video.

Send a Rover e-assisted trike and I'll hold demonstration for our board of directors and let them have a go at it. Of course we aren't as popular as other trails, but we are the only one for several hundreds of miles and pulling in more users of the trails weekly.

¬ ITL
  • Looks like the material is Unobtanium.
  • Unobtaium... I like that. Shades of Avatar.
  • On the hill climb challenge at Ride Fest how long is the climb?
  • yehuda moon is far more relevant when it comes to unobtanium for bike frames
  • Peanut wrote: »
    On the hill climb challenge at Ride Fest how long is the climb?

https://goo.gl/maps/rXfsqs1K85H2
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• Sorry, the following item is currently out of stock: Stowaway Bag

¬ ITL
  • Should be back in today or Monday at the latest.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• Any chance of there being one of those better mesh seats for sale at Riderfest? (The one's with the cushions on the sides). Or other stuff?
  • Jrobiso2 wrote: »
    Any chance of there being one of those better mesh seats for sale at Riderfest? (The one's with the cushions on the sides). Or other stuff?

Yes. Our local dealer West Michigan Bike & Fitness will be there with various accessories to sell. I'll be sure to have them bring a couple of the comfort seat meshes!
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• Comfort Seat Meshes :) That's what they call them!

¬ ITL
  • edited July 2017
    (Moved)

¬ ITL
  • Hw was only going to charge me $60 because he couldn't remember the price. Damned integrity. I told him they were 79.95.
  • /gives @Jrobiso2 a cookie for being a good sport. :)

¬ ITL
  • $69 for me over the phone. After tax n
    shipping it was $84 & change.
  • edited August 2017
    Tempted, though waiting for the Stowaway Bag to become available for ordering... customs or sea pirates must be causing delays.

¬ ITL
  • edited August 2017
    The container is somewhere between here and L.A.
    Should be here next week.
    The good news is that this weeks container has Rambler AT's!!!!!!
    As well as Expedition and Commuter panniers.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker

• So when does the container come with the Unobtainium (5 pound frame) Ramblers come? :-)
    So when does the container come with the Unobtainium (5 pound frame) Ramblers come? :-)

Shhhhh, secret.
  • So secret that we all got test rides ;-)
    So when does the container come with the Unobtainium (5 pound frame) Ramblers come? :-)

Dont hold your breath on that one. It was just a "test".
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker