My Zoomer

ayp5y4lbplxb.jpg

Occasionally I post info about my Zoomer SL and I'm guessing many of you may have not seen one since they quit building them back around 2011 but then built a few more in 2015 with leftover frames and upgraded parts. The rack and rear fender are now removed and the tires have been replaced with Duranos. The seat bottom is 7.5" off the ground and the front wheel track are 27" , narrower and lower then all TerraTrikes. This was hot rod in the lineup. I just finished a triathlon with it last Saturday. As you can see the trike is spartan, minimal accessories. Total weight is 31 lbs.
ed

Comments

• Sweet trike! What has been your top speed obtained, and also your top speed sustained on the flats. By all your thoughtful posts I see how proud you are of your trike.

So, you recently posted a photo of your lovely wife on your nearly equally lovely trike where you mentioned what she rides. It sounded like she rides a DF bike, so my question is, which of you is faster?
  • Sweet trike! What has been your top speed obtained, and also your top speed sustained on the flats. By all your thoughtful posts I see how proud you are of your trike.

So, you recently posted a photo of your lovely wife on your nearly equally lovely trike where you mentioned what she rides. It sounded like she rides a DF bike, so my question is, which of you is faster?

Thanks for the nice compliment. Sustained speed title goes to my wife ! She rides way more miles then me and that cabon fiber Madone hauls. She once rode from Michigan to Nova Scotia and back. Memorial weekend she and friends went to Kentucky to ride three days in an event 60 hilly miles each day. She's out on a 40 mile ride now.

I can outrun her in bursts and get into the low 20's mph on straights but can maintain 18-19 for long periods, it has great gearing for somewhat level terrain but hills can be a workout depending on grade and frequency. If there are curves involved I can pass most anything and downhills are also very fast, I was around 35 mph smoothly going downhill with curves last Saturday. Steering is quick with the narrower track.

It has one of the most comfortable seats around and is easy to get into but you need some good knees to get out and up ! But that low seat contribute to the handling.

The aluminum frame flexes some but the tires are rock hard so if it's a distance ride it should be somewhat smooth. In the fall I put the Marathons back on and back down the air pressure from 100+ to 80. In early October plan to do a 73 mile ride with only one very quick stop midway, hopefully !
    ed