Triathlon I was in.

Here's a quick video of the triathlon my wife and I was in June 10th. We have previously competed in it. Very exhausting with all the elevation on the dune run plus the bike ride. The kayak was also tough due to the wind. We both made the podium. Fran got second and I third in our age divisions. And yes I rode my Zoomer the only trike among 899 bikes.

Comments

• TOO cool good for you!! Did many Tri's in the past.....
  • Congratulations to the both of you! You both have much to be proud of. Please give us the details of the triathlon (distance, times, best race leg each, etc.) How many gears on you sub 30 pound Zoomer?
  • CONGRATS on using Your Trike in competition...!!!!!!!... :)
  • edited June 2017
    Congratulations to the both of you! You both have much to be proud of. Please give us the details of the triathlon (distance, times, best race leg each, etc.) How many gears on you sub 30 pound Zoomer?

Overall distance was 22 miles, 3 mile run including up/down the sand dune, 17 mile bike, 3 mile kayak. As I said earlier the wind was brutal on the kayak leg. The run is short but deceptive with the dune climb.
    My total time was appx.2.5 hours. About twice the overall winners time who is 19 y/o, I'm 73.
  • Nicely done Ed, and an impressive achievement just to finish... regardless of time, and taking third in class, while doing your bike leg on a trike to boot, makes it super impressive to me! I don't think I have the guts to even attempt such an endeavor.
  • Nicely done Ed, and an impressive achievement just to finish... regardless of time, and taking third in class, while doing your bike leg on a trike to boot, makes it super impressive to me! I don't think I have the guts to even attempt such an endeavor.

Thanks again, maybe we'll meet at ridefest, I'll be there if there's reasonable weather.
  • Sounds Great!
  • Congrats! Not something I would ever achieve. But, if you stay in shape as you get older, it's much easier to win your age class. I have not seen another recumbent trike around here. If they gave a cycling award to that class, I'd win every time.