Some Rover Questions Vol. One

edited June 2010 in Rover
I am a trike newie and have a number of questions. Please understand I don't have other trike owners in the area to "bounce" these questions off.
Thanks for any help.

1. Does the flag pole only go down to the point where the seat cross braces are welded? My TT flag pole just goes down 6 to 7 inches.

2. I wonder how others are attaching water bottle cages.

3. Can anyone read the Rover serial number. My Rover has a great paint job. But the sernial number filled up.
Tombent - My Rover

Comments

• TomBent wrote:
    1. Does the flag pole only go down to the point where the seat cross braces are welded? My TT flag pole just goes down 6 to 7 inches.

Yes, same here.
    TomBent wrote:
    2. I wonder how others are attaching water bottle cages.

We aren't. We bought some 50 ounce CamelBaks and hang them on the seat back (have to remove the flag). We also have a couple of insulated thermoses we hang from the seat crossbars with carabiners. I'll try to get some pictures next week.
    TomBent wrote:
    3. Can anyone read the Rover serial number. My Rover has a great paint job. But the sernial number filled up.

Same here. It was extremely difficult. My wife (with better eyes) finally got it with a hand-held magnifying/reading glass with LED lights.

FWIW our seats don't slide like in the video--the paint is thick and tacky so the brackets from the seat fit tight. I messed up the clear coat on the top of the main tube on my wife's Rover trying to slide the seat before I discovered it was better to completely remove the bottom bolt and cams, lift the seat up and off, and put it back on. Even doing that, the clear coat on my main tube got a little messed up. Maybe it'll dry enough for me to buff these out. I wasn't surprised at this, given the paint rework of this first batch. We chose to ride rather than try to get it fixed.

Good luck!
    --
    Moe
  • The flag doesn't slide all the way in, but we haven't had any problems with people losing them. A water bottle cage can be mounted between the crankset on the front of the boom. You have to use a riser to do so though. We are currently working on accessories that are Rover specific. We will keep you all updated online about new products coming out.
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike