Northern Michigan path

Who can tell me about the path from
Petoskey to Harbor Springs? I know it's paved, but hilly? I figure it's open
with wind and sun on all four sides.
Thanks!

Comments

• There is little flatland between Petoskey and Harbor Springs, but I've never ridden the trail. If it is an old rail trail, then it will be predominately flat, but there are a few hills along the roadway as I recall.
  • Thanks.
  • It is not flat.
  • It's the closest paved path to the cabin that we want to try, that's the reason I asked about it.
  • The trail from charlevioux to petoskey is very nice also.
  • If you're going up there, you may as well just go to Traverse City and ride the road up the land spit into the bay. Beautiful, vineyard country . . . . 20+ miles to the tip, almost all uphill, sometimes very steep. It's a road, but with a nice wide shoulder and respectful traffic. Last time I went I saw DF's all over.

Of course after eating your (packed) lunch at the lighthouse, the ride back down to Traverse City will be a wild thrill ride with nary a pedal pushed, but it's the getting there that'll be the workout.
  • Been to old mission point years back. Doubt we'd peddle it. Did ya'll hear about that rollover accident on the Tart
    Trail a week ago. 70year old crossed the road and a speeding car came upon them. Had to swerve to avoid and went off the road, rolled it a few times. Don't know if the triker had a flag on or not.
  • Jrobiso2 wrote: »
    If you're going up there, you may as well just go to Traverse City and ride the road up the land spit into the bay. Beautiful, vineyard country . . . . 20+ miles to the tip, almost all uphill, sometimes very steep. It's a road, but with a nice wide shoulder and respectful traffic. Last time I went I saw DF's all over.

Of course after eating your (packed) lunch at the lighthouse, the ride back down to Traverse City will be a wild thrill ride with nary a pedal pushed, but it's the getting there that'll be the workout.

That is the Center Road route up the Mission Penninsula.
  • edited July 2017
    FINN58 wrote: »
    Been to old mission point years back. Doubt we'd peddle it. Did ya'll hear about that rollover accident on the Tart
    Trail a week ago. 70year old crossed the road and a speeding car came upon them. Had to swerve to avoid and went off the road, rolled it a few times. Don't know if the triker had a flag on or not.

Lots of controversy regarding that incident.
  • Read it on UpNorthLive website. We get that news station at the cabin, east of Vanderbilt.