Kneesavers, peddle extenders

I wanted to get a set of peddling extenders to help with side presser on my knees. They come in three sizes, 20 mm, 25 mm, and 30 mm. I am not sure what size comes on the Rover Trike? I could find out by taking on off, but I only want to take it off after I get the extenders. Does anyone know what size peddles come in for the Rover?

Comments

• Umm, I THINK those are the widths of the extension, not the pedal size.
  • Thanks, I believe you are right.
  • 9/16 [~14mm] on pedals. pick up a pedal wrench at the lbs, grease threads on install. be aware of left-hand threads non-driveside.

if knee pain is the problem, a shorter crankset may be a better solution than extenders. if you use clipless pedals, that may be problem cause. wide platform pedals with heel slings might also be an alternative to the extenders.
  • Help me out. Does a pedal extender move the pedals further away from the crank? Will that help to line up your feet better with your hips?
  • edited July 2017
    The pedal extenders move your feet further away from the cranks and are mainly for people that have a duck footed stance on a bike, where the toes are pointing out compared to the heels causing the inside of your ankles to hit the crank arms. Trying to hold your foot straight while pedaling causes some knee discomfort. That is what the pedal extenders are for. Has nothing to do with crank arm length. It will also help to align your feet with your hips, if you have wide hips. I found that when I moved to the Rover from my 2 wheel bent's, I didn't need them anymore, but I did use them for about 12 years prior to the Rover.
  • I'm considering trying a pair of them, but they seem to cost way more than their inherent value in metal and cutting time. The usual "if it's for a bike, it's 10 times more expensive than it should be" thing.
  • Just my right foot does the "toe out"
    thingy. Doesn't want to stay in the sling, and I have shortened the Velcro too.
  • Jrobiso2 wrote: »
    I'm considering trying a pair of them, but they seem to cost way more than their inherent value in metal and cutting time. The usual "if it's for a bike, it's 10 times more expensive than it should be" thing.

Way cheaper than knee surgery.