Terra Trike Path

2»

Comments

• Move to Michigan. Miles of trails. I need
    help shoveling them in the winter! :p
  • @FINN58, where in Michigan do you call home? East Lansing, for me.
  • West, Muskie-gone. But they have planted more locally. Gosh, we'd have
    to change the name, again.
  • Good trails around here. Some wooded in shade. Others lots of sun. I won't ride
    roads leading to these trails though. One path is paved 200' behind the house. But in the city you stop at every
    street. That wooded path goes to Whitehall and has sections a half mile to a mile between crossroads. That is where you can do your time trials. ;)
  • My wife wants to do our vacation in that area next month, just so she can ride all those western MI trails. We've pretty much exhausted the trails in all of SE lower MI, all the way up to Midland (Pere-Marquette was her most recent ride - 70 miles).
  • edited July 2017
    Lilypad wrote: »
    TCEd wrote: »
    Not a typo.

On the Path seat issue, I agree there is only one bolt used and you can use either the front or rear hole in the frame. They make three sizes of boom. I use the extra long with a one inch extension. I happen to have a short boom that came with the trike that I will never use.
    Mcalla7293, If you can figure out how to get an email to me I can arrange to send it to you, if that would help. I also have the original 8 speed real wheel and hub with low miles. It wasn't geared low enough for me and I didn't like the way it shifted, so I went with a Slumpfh HSD and a Nuvinci N360. It died last year so I upgraded to a Nuvinci N380. I really like the combination. Even with ITL's great opinion of my prowess, after 73 orbits of the sun I am considering upgrading to a full suspension trike with an electric assist. Good luck on getting your Path set up to fit you. It's a low end trike but with upgrades it does OK.

Lilypad,
    I'm not sure how I would find your email address.
  • I'll send his email to ya then. Trike Groups was how Lilypad & I met, members can send one another messages.

¬ ITL
  • I'll send his email to ya then. Trike Groups was how Lilypad & I met, members can send one another messages.

Thank you.

• edited July 2017
    Mcalla7293 wrote: »
    I'll send his email to ya then. Trike Groups was how Lilypad & I met, members can send one another messages.
    Thank you.

Check your mail :)

¬ ITL
  • Mcalla7293 wrote: »
    I'll send his email to ya then. Trike Groups was how Lilypad & I met, members can send one another messages.
    Thank you.

Check you mail :) ~ And you might want to remove your email so spammers won't get it.

Thanks again. I'll see if I can edit it out. Kind of new to the forum business.
    Mcalla7293 wrote: »
    Thank you.

Check you mail :) ~ And you might want to remove your email so spammers won't get it.

Thanks again. I'll see if I can edit it out. Kind of new to the forum business.

Think we get an hour to edit posts. Takes a while, and this one changed somewhat after the russian spammers went on a rampage one weekend.

¬ ITL
    pkga5tso3f52.jpg
    vidwysc020bs.jpg
    Does anyone on this group have a Path? I would like to get a picture of your seat mount and the frame.

I bought a used Terra Trike Path. The seat mount to the frame only has one bolt all the way thru the frame although it looks like there should be two. There are four holes in the frame (the bolt goes into one hole and out a second hole) but it looks like the forward set of holes would not allow a bolt to pass all the way thru. The seat frame has four sets of holes that the seat could use to mount to the frame. I have added a couple of pictures of my Trike. In the one picture you can see the bolt going thru the back set of holes and that it looks like the front set does not go thru. (It may be that a dirt dabber or something has clogged the hole. I didn't want to go digging until I asked for advice here.

How many bolts should be used when mounting the seat?

Also, it does not look like the boom is adjustable; other than seat mounting is there a way to make the trike fit someone 5'5" tall?

Thank you in advance.
    I will post two pictures. If you have the black extension on the front tube you should probably remove it. Part of the seat mounting has to do with turn radius. If the seat is too far forward the turn radius can be huge.
  • I'll try pictures again
  • Looks like there's a bolt stuck/broken off inside the frame. You'd need to drill that out and perhaps re-tap the hole.