Bb7 question

When one upgrades to the avid Bb7 brakes do you change out calipers, handles and rotors or just the calipers?

Comments

• edited August 2017
    Just the calipers and rotors.
    . I posted this many years ago on the forum when I upgraded mine. http://www.terratrike.com/ttforum/discussion/comment/2941/#Comment_2941
  • Great, thanks. If I could I would have hub brakes like the SA hubs on my old trike. Adjusted them once when new and did not touch them again for 7 years. ACE trikes have that option, British manufacturer so SA is local.
  • mrbill5 wrote: »
    Great, thanks. If I could I would have hub brakes like the SA hubs on my old trike. Adjusted them once when new and did not touch them again for 7 years. ACE trikes have that option, British manufacturer so SA is local.

Once you get the BB7's installed they are a piece of cake to keep in adjustment. I just did mine the other day, took me about 60 seconds.
  • All cables stretch and pads wear over time. I can't imagine never having to adjust them.
  • My SA drum brake trike had zero maintenance. I even opened the hub to look at the brake shoes after 5 years and there was a lot of meat on them. While it was open I lightly sanded the drum wear band and possibly tried oiling the bearings. Even checked the rim truing but that was still fine. So i closed em up and that was that. I built the wheels myself.
  • Someone ought to make a step by step upgrade procedure for the various TT trikes, then post it in a PDF format & as a Sticky. A video would be a plus! :D