Illusion

Think I posted something similar earlier this summer. How do you like my Zoomer's eccentric rear wheel ? It's my high speed improvement similar to oval chain rings.

u1njafepqptt.jpg

Comments

• I see a headache comin'...
  • I think I explained this with the other photo. It's an effect caused by the lens of the camera used. This is barrel distortion. You usually see the effect on the edges of a photograph such as what you have here.

The opposite effect is called pincushion, where the edges would be drawn toward the center. Your wheel would end up looking really tall and narrow if you had this on that lens/camera combo.

• Elrique64 wrote: »
    I think I explained this with the other photo. It's an effect caused by the lens of the camera used. This is barrel distortion. You usually see the effect on the edges of a photograph such as what you have here.

The opposite effect is called pincushion, where the edges would be drawn toward the center. Your wheel would end up looking really tall and narrow if you had this on that lens/camera combo.

you ruined my fun. Wanted to convince riders to get elliptical wheels :)
  • might actually be on to something. if the chainring worked on this bike, elliptical wheel may too.

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/unique-triangle-sprocket-featherstone-1896.36150/

back in the dark ages, when they had things called newsreels instead of internet, there was a japanese bicycle referred to as an eggcycle. no chain, front and rear egg-shaped wheels, appeared to be an interesting ride, something like the motion of a horse. been looking for that on the web, may find it someday.
  • edited September 8
    not quite what i saw long ago but close enough ()