Carrier bag/ box organizer

2»

Comments

• edited December 2017
    You forgot to have UT paint the mounting hardware Deep Purple ;)

It looks really nice... and it looks like it could hold a six-pack... if so desired.

It also looks extremely handy. Might have to pick one up, but I have a few questions:
    1. Is that a TerraCycle product?
    2. Can it be adjusted so that it touches the seat side- or just the 2-3"s?
    3. And how much adjustment is there forward & backwards?
  • No, the Weather Channel says you are having an extremely warm winter. We, on the other hand, will have highs in the 40s and lows in the 20s for the next week or so. Time to work on some of my indoor projects and let the trike rest!
  • You forgot to have UT paint the mounting hardware Deep Purple ;) Gee, I didn't think of that. :p

It looks really nice... and it looks like it could hold a six-pack... if so desired. Yes, however, there is an increased chance of riding into traffic/a ditch. You shouldn't drink and ride. BTW, a six pack is going to put a lot of weight on the whole mechanism. I wouldn't recommend it. :#

It also looks extremely handy. Might have to pick one up, but I have a few questions:
    1. Is that a TerraCycle product? The mount is a Terra Cycle product. Check with them to see if they have a mount designed for your trike. They have different models.
    2. Can it be adjusted so that it touches the seat side- or just the 2-3"s? Not sure on that. The recommendation, where it mounts to the seat frame, is supposed to be no less than 3" apart for the two clamps. The width of those clip mounts for the bag itself are fixed.
      ===I'm going to mount mine more forward and closer to the seat when I move the bag to the other side. A lot is going to depend on your trike. I can definitely move mine a bit forward and closer to the side of the Dumont. I'll just have to experiment.

3. And how much adjustment is there forward & backwards?
    As you can see from the photo that moving it forward will require pivoting the curved section of the mount which would raise the level of the bag. Yes, there's plenty of room to move it backward.

Lots of variables to play with here and it will be a while before I find what works for me. B)

• It spawned an idea for me. I have an over the shoulder camera bag that is 18" across, just the size I need for my 150-600mm bird lens. Looks like it would work fine. Think I'll give you a few weeks to see if there are other considerations I should be aware of.

Looks like you have gone with the Catrike SeatSide Mount Kit - Main Frame Tube Attachment by TerraCycle ($155) instead of the Catrike SeatSide Mount Kit - Bottom of Seat Attachment by TerraCycle ($99). Am I correct? And I'm curious why- does the main-tube version offer more flexibility as to where & how to adjust?
  • edited January 2
    TrikeBirder, the order page at Terra Cycle came up with two possibilities: 1)bottom of seat or 2) back of the seat, folding models. I queried TC and they told me back of the seat because I have a folding model. Since my Dumont and the 559 are folding models I made the assumption ( :o ).

I'm going to ride again today just the way it is because it's going to be 75 and I'm too @#$% lazy to waste time moving the bag when I could be riding ( B) ).

And while the Muse is upon me I will add this anecdote...on a new thread about folding trikes.

• edited January 9
    Trikebirder, I switched the new side bag to the right side of the trike. There was enough play in the mounting bracket such that I could align it so that the bag's outer edge was even with the edge of the side mirror. I don't have to worry about clearance. Also my right shoulder is the good shoulder. I'm happy with the result. I updated my blog page.