Updates Upgrades

Does anyone change their trike each
Season ( those in the north ) to keep it new exciting different? Or is it just me? :)

Comments

• No. I could hardly afford the one I have.
  • I should have changed the heading. I meant small stuff. Nothing like the major expenditures like the day you bought your Trike and accessories at the dealer. I meant add-ons. Fun stuff.
  • Better lights. Better Panniers. Chain cleaned in an ultrasonic sink. Things like that is what I do.
  • I put. new air in the tires. The old air was worn out.
  • Jrobiso2 wrote: »
    Better lights. Better Panniers. Chain cleaned in an ultrasonic sink. Things like that is what I do.

Too lazy to break and remove the chain for cleaning... I use a Park Tool chain cleaner loaded with concentrated Simple Green cleaner. I crank it til the chain shines then wipe with a microfiber cloth. I apply Boeshine T-9 which dries and leaves a waxy coating (Doesn't attract a lotta dust). Lotsa dust in Tucson. Perhaps when I get a stand I'll remove the chain because I'm thinking those chain tubes need to be scrubbed as well. (BTW, Park Tool chain cleaner has a magnet in the bottom to catch metal bits during cleaning.)

TCEd, new air? Sounds like a plan! :#

Finn59, I don't know if I could list all the things and changes I've gone through since my first trike. You know, that sounds like a good idea for a post on my blog. I'll think about that when I'm not riding. :D
  • My panniers weighed like 12 lbs with all the junk I put in em. Going to try a plastic milk tote on top of rear rack to hold insulin cooler and fewer tools. Still
    working on da woodie rear fender. Covered the top of the sprocket/chain with some aluminum and grey duct tape. So it matches. Haven’t caught my jeans on it indoors. Yet. Think spring.
  • Got me some Crank Brothers Double Shot 3 pedals, now just need to get some new shoes for this season.
  • My fix was free. Already own metal clips for pant legs. Thanks.
  • I also put stretchers in my Giro shoes to ensure the toe box hasn't gotten smaller
  • @TrikesterHal I have that cleaner too, but it never gets it really clean. Still ends up with goop between link plates. Ultrasonic sink gets everything.
  • Jrobiso2 wrote: »
    @TrikesterHal I have that cleaner too, but it never gets it really clean. Still ends up with goop between link plates. Ultrasonic sink gets everything.

I hear you. I use undiluted Simple Green in the Park Tool Cleaner and crank it until the chain shines like a new dime. I then lubed it and it worked well. Wish I had room for an ultrasonic sink because I know that's the ultimate. I noticed the clean chain was quieter and ran smoother. I don't recall where I learned about Boeshield T-9 lube which was developed by Boeing for aircraft parts.
  • TCEd wrote: »
    I put. new air in the tires. The old air was worn out.

LOL! That was my answer.
  • Younger engine puts out freshest aire.
  • Sorry Finn59, I just now understand what you were asking. I thought you wondered if everyone bought new trikes annually.

Yes, I have made many changes and still need more but funds are more limited now that I ought a home. And, I'm more concerned with having a vehicle to carry the trike right now or finding a better way to lift the trike up on my Alpaca carrier.
  • @TrikesterHal I also use Boeshield T9. I learned of it years ago for all my woodworking surfaces (table saw, band saw, etc).
    The sink is from Amazon, just a little 2 liter unit. Very inexpensive. I have to take apart the chain sections and do them one at a time, so it's only a once per year thing, but it has many uses.
    $40 from Amazon - https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00LMF3GTE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • I can't seem to make it through a month without changing something on one of our trikes. Usually it's something simple, but occasionally, more substantial. I probably have a dozen lights of some sort, 4 different flags, BBSHD on one trike, a couple batteries for the BBSHD, oil/lube, built a stand, a couple of TerraCycle parts (awesome parts and company), half a dozen bags, a couple of racks, 2 different head/neck rests, cycle clothing, 24" rear wheel for the wife's Traveler, NuVinci 380 (now on the Traveler), etc. There seems to always be something I want to try. Love it all.