Bike Console I Phone Bike Mount

edited September 2011 in Accessories
Can anyone tell me if the Bike Console I Phone Bike Mount will work with the new I Phone 4 ? They are a little different shape than the I Phone 3's.

Comments

• Yup!
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • Thanks....I got an e-mail from Jeff Yonker he said,"Yes it does work with the iPhone 4 (I have one and checked it out), however the foward facing camara is blocked." For those who are interested I seen the same thing at REI but they wanted $60.00 for theirs. I'm going to place my order with TT tomorrow! :P
  • We are selling a boat load of these with no complaints - so I assume it works well and is a good value.
    Jeff "Chonk" Yonker
    Marketing Dude @TerraTrike

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretsky
  • Any ideas for us apple-haters? :?:
  • We don't have anything for non iphones. We might have something in the future, but no plans as of now. Check on Amazon.
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • Ok what about the Samsung Suede phones I've got one and want to take video of my rides when I'm out or would it be best to get a video camera and mount it to my accessory mount or my helmet. :?:
  • bentcrazy wrote:
    Ok what about the Samsung Suede phones I've got one and want to take video of my rides when I'm out or would it be best to get a video camera and mount it to my accessory mount or my helmet. :?:

Bent,

I don't know about mounting your phone, you may want to check out this search on Amazon: Bicycle Phone Mount

I use a Flip Digital Camera and got a mount for it etc. However, other than the helmet mounted cameras, most folks seem to actually hand hold there video cameras so they have more control as to what the camera lens is actually pointed at.

I find that I do get better video when I actually hold the camera.

FYI - I ALWAYS have a lanyard attached to the camera so I don't drop it. ;)

Caryl
  • RoverLust wrote:
    Any ideas for us apple-haters? :?:

I use a medium RAM Aquabox on my Path for holding my HTC Thunderbolt. There is room at the top and bottom for a longer phone, but a wider phone wouldn't fit. Fortunately the Thunderbolt is one of the widest smartphones on the market currently, so most other phones should be okay. I picked the box up at the Bass Pro shop on their discount rack. There are 4 holes in the underside for attaching to a RAM mount. I just used one for mounting it in the bottle cage spot on my path and sealed the other three with a little caulk. The topside of the case is made of a waterproof vinyl that still lets me use the phone's touchscreen when it's in the case.