Velocity wheelset upgrade and chain replacement

edited December 2010 in Legacy Products
What is the price of the Velocity wheelset upgrade (for a Zoomer Elite)? What is included in the kit?
It appears the KMC Z9000 and X9 maybe coming to end of life, whats a good replacement 9 speed chain? Currently, I use SRAM hollow pin for my road bike, any opinions about using a SRAM 9 spd chain ( besides that it is costly of course)

Thanks Chris

Comments

• 20" Velocity wheels are $125 each. We don't have a kit. You can just buy the wheels with any other upgrades you want.

The Z9000 is a standard 9 speed chain from KMC. It's a workhorse chain that's cost effective. The X9 chain is better in quality and workmanship. There is a weight savings; however, it's minimal. I'm not sure what the spec on that is. Also, the sidewalls of the X9 chain are machined in a way that make shifting transitions smoother and quieter on both the cassette and front chain rings.
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • Thanks for the reply.

When you say the X9, which X9, it seems KMC has a X9 SL, a X9 6.6m and X9.93....very confusing to say the least *sigh*.

As for the Velocity wheels. The only thing I see on the webpage: category wheel/tires.... is the Schwalbe Durano 20 or 26 X 1.10 tire. Or is there a catalog only listing.

Will the 26x1.10 tire fit on the 26 inch wheel I already have?

...Chris
  • X9.93 is what we carry. The wheels aren't sold online. You have to call or order those. The tire you have will not fit on your current wheel. Hope that clears things up!
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike