Path3 Chain Tensioner Help

edited January 2011 in Legacy Products
I'm sure there's probably a simple solution to this, but I couldn't figure it out this morning. The cog on my old chain tensioner kept coming unscrewed and then the chain would come off. TerraTrike sent a replacement, and I installed it, thinking I had it right but then when I tried to ride the tensioner swung forward and the chain slipped off the hub. It seems like the chain tensioner is screwed on tightly, but it can still move forward. Clearly something is wrong. Any suggestions? I just don't see what else I need to do to fix this.

Thanks!
Ryan

Comments

• When you have the chain on the front and rear cog, the chain tensioner should be between 3 and 4 o'clock, angle wise, to have the proper chain tension. The cog on the chain tensioner should line up with the cog on the trike. You shouldn't have a problem if all of that is correct.
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • Thanks. This evening I took another look at it, adjusted the angle slightly, but the main issue did seem to be that the cog on the tensioner wasn't in line with the one on the trike. I lined those up and was able to go for a short spin and shift through all the gears and went up a slight hill without any problem.
  • I like when it's an easy fix!
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • The young lady knows her stuff!!!!! :)
  • It helps that I have a VERY knowledgeable team I can go to :)
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike