Seat Mesh

edited February 2011 in Accessories
I recently purchased a Rover unassembled and the seat mesh was not installed on the seat frame. I got it installed, but I may be missing something. The mesh has two grommets on the top and I can't for the life of me figure out what they are for. I tightened the straps so that the grommets sort of wedge above the side rails, but when I sit on the mesh, they still slip down a little bit. Are the grommets to be used for the mesh installation or are they for other accessories? Thanks - Scotty

• If I understand your question, the grommets you are talking about on the top are to slide a flag pole into. Where did you purchase your trike? If you need help with assembly we have some videos on our website.
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • Thanks, I've got the trike fully assembled. The metal grommets are in the mesh on the top sides. When I saw them I thought there would be a pocket so that they would line up with the rubber stopper in the ends of the side tubes (for a flag like you say). But there is no pocket under the grommets to slide the seat frame into. It's all sewn shut. (By the way, I'm not going to name the dealer because I pestered them to sell me the trike unassembled. I like to do things myself...) When I get home, I'll try to get a photo of what I am talking about.
  • If the seat mesh is defective you can go through the dealer to get a replacement. Check it out and if you still need us, let me know!
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • I certainly will do that if it's defective, I just didn't know if it was. (My dealer is 2 hours and a tankful away and is closed today.) So are there supposed to be pockets on the mesh that the seat frame slides into? If so, then my mesh is defective. Thanks.
  • There are supposed to be pockets for the seat to slide into so it does sound as if it's defective. Give your dealer a call tomorrow.
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike
  • :oops: :oops:
    Boy, is my face red!
    :oops: :oops: :oops:
    I just pulled the cover off to make sure it was sewn together where I thought there should be pockets and guess what?....
    ((I found the pockets)) I am so sorry I troubled you! I hope no one else has been reading this thread. Whaddya suppose are the chances of that.........?

So sorry,

By the way, I really, really love this trike!
  • :lol: I'm guessing people have done worse so don't feel bad about it. Maybe someone out there does have a defective seat mesh and this will be a useful post for them!
    Kelli B
    Sales, TerraTrike